After update to 1.7.8 no summary and description fields

Ferry_01

Hello,

I upgraded Prestashop from version 1.7.7.8 to 1.7.8.
After this, no more summary and description fields are visible in the back office.
The text is there and also visible to clients.
This applies to both products and categories.

Are there any workarounds or does anyone know a solution?

Kind regards,
Ferry

Categorie_issue.png

Product_issue.png

• Confused 1

I have emptied and disabled the cache several times.
I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge both normal and in an incognito window and all actions without success.

After I unhooked the "Awesome Image Slider" module from the displayBackOfficeHeader it worked. But I can't imagine this is related.
Putting it back didn't bring back the problem either.

But it works for me now.

Ferry

16 hours ago, Ferry_01 said:

I have emptied and disabled the cache several times.
I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge both normal and in an incognito window and all actions without success.

After I unhooked the "Awesome Image Slider" module from the displayBackOfficeHeader it worked. But I can't imagine this is related.
Putting it back didn't bring back the problem either.

But it works for me now.

Ferry

Well, it might be due to css of that module.

• 4 weeks later...

We are having the same issue after upgrade to 1.7.8.0 from 1.7.7.5. For us, Edge works, but not on Chrome or Firefox.  Also I cannot unhook module as Design -> Positions, as the page crashed out on me after the upgrade. Anyone may help with some suggestions? or even point me some directions which I can look into for tracing? 

9 minutes ago, texxo said:

i tried the clearing of cache from Firefox and problem was resolved.

give it a shot also. it could work for you too.

thanks for the reply, I did clear the cache from Firefox and Chrome, I've also clear PS server cache, but still no luck. I noticed that the Summary and Description used to be with tabs, but new version removed the tab, I'm guess some addon maybe conflicting the CSS or messed some hook somewhere, which I've totally no idea about. 

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

thanks for the reply, I did clear the cache from Firefox and Chrome, I've also clear PS server cache, but still no luck. I noticed that the Summary and Description used to be with tabs, but new version removed the tab, I'm guess some addon maybe conflicting the CSS or messed some hook somewhere, which I've totally no idea about. 

ha, thanks so much @texxo it working now after I cleared entire browser cache in chrome. previously I only try to clear cache for my website. so it's working now, I'm so happy. thanks again