Unable to send emails from PS v1.7.7.8

tanmalik786

Hi there,
I have been trying to send emails from my PS domain but haven't been able to do so since last about 2-days. Any help to fix this will highly be appreciated.

When I try to send email using 'Sendmail', I am able to send emails to domains other than public domains like @gmail, @yahoo, @hotmail etc, which obviously isn't good and those two lands in SPAM folder not good.

Now when I try to setup an SMTP account [ actually my email server is hosted separately from my domain ], to send emails even this fails.

When I try setting up SSL [465] or TLS [587], I end up getting error 

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "nik****@nikpaul.com" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ".

Can anybody help me, resolve this issue?

TIA,

On 10/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Tanver said:

Hi there,
I have been trying to send emails from my PS domain but haven't been able to do so since last about 2-days. Any help to fix this will highly be appreciated.

When I try to send email using 'Sendmail', I am able to send emails to domains other than public domains like @gmail, @yahoo, @hotmail etc, which obviously isn't good and those two lands in SPAM folder not good.

Now when I try to setup an SMTP account [ actually my email server is hosted separately from my domain ], to send emails even this fails.

When I try setting up SSL [465] or TLS [587], I end up getting error 

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "nik****@nikpaul.com" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ".

Can anybody help me, resolve this issue?

TIA,

Prestashop made changes in their email process in version 1.7.7.. You are now encouraged to use IMAP instead of SMTP. See also https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/20124 and other posts on the forum.

@musicmasterthanks for your response - much appreciated.

I am relatively new to PS, will appreciate if you can tell me if it means
1. We can now use only the default 

/usr/sbin/sendmail

option?
2. How can we configure google IMAP for outgoing emails?

I have been trying to configure gmail smtp for sending emails BUT have no luck since last 3-days now. I have already enabled in IMAP in gmail, have two-factor authentication disabled and have also enabled less-secure option for this gmail account.

Can you please suggest me something to make it happen for me?

Thanks again!