Different Email Template depending on Returns Status

Zeke Taylor

Hi community,

I wanted  to know if anyone here could tell me how (if it's possible at all) to alter which email template is used when certain returns statuses are triggered.

As it is now what ever returns status is chosen, it uses /mails/COUNTRY_CODE/order_return_state.html to generate All returns emails, I would like to have a couple more templates such as order_return_state_1.html and order_return_state_2.html for example, so if I choose "Awaiting Package" it might use order_return_state_1.html but if I choose "Package Received" it uses order_return_state_2.html instead.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, hshaker said:

You can edit that on --> /admin-> shop setings-> order/ order status 

You can for certain statuses but not for Returns, there is no customisation of email whatsoever there, so what ever is behind the code to trigger using that template, I need to get it altered for the each of the different ones if you know what I mean.

10 minutes ago, Zeke Taylor said:

You can for certain statuses but not for Returns, there is no customisation of email whatsoever there, so what ever is behind the code to trigger using that template, I need to get it altered for the each of the different ones if you know what I mean.

have a look into the database there you might find the email you are looking for. Back up DB before touching.

il y a 37 minutes, Zeke Taylor a dit :

Try --// International --> Traduction --> Traduction e-mail (subject and body) you will find all e-mail templates

pp.png

If you dont find her what want, you shuld adapted code in mails/themes and classes/

Edited by hshaker
ortho (see edit history)

5 hours ago, hshaker said:

Try --// International --> Traduction --> Traduction e-mail (subject and body) you will find all e-mail templates

pp.png

If you dont find her what want, you shuld adapted code in mails/themes and classes/

Thanks for trying to help with this guys, it's very much appreciated.

It's kind of what's needed but not quite, all of these statuses below are the Return statuses with no way to adjust what email template to use, the trouble right now is they all use the same email tempate file (as seen in the other screenshot.)

image.png.34103eb7822d1fb9c94626b58be6562f.png

image.thumb.png.55c27664a0520d2e4ee97b8396b6f96f.png

What I need to happen is for the different statuses to use separate email templates, so the message text can be different for each status. What happens now is the same message gets sent but the variable {state_order_return} alters for each one.

What I essentially need is if I choose "Waiting for package" for an email to get sent to the customer along the lines of

"Your return has been authorised, please package your items(s) well" etc etc etc.

But when "Package Received" is selected, the email that gets sent to be something along the lines of:

"Dear customer, Thank you for returning your item, we can confirm we have received your package" etc etc etc.