10 Million Products with Prestashop

RobyUD

Hi everyone, I know this is an out of the ordinary question but I have this request from a customer. I have to create an ecommerce with spare parts that could reach 10 million products. Using the correct hardware (and I accept suggestions) would prestashop be able to support this load? Thanks to everyone who will help me.

1 hour ago, RobyUD said:

Hi everyone, I know this is an out of the ordinary question but I have this request from a customer. I have to create an ecommerce with spare parts that could reach 10 million products. Using the correct hardware (and I accept suggestions) would prestashop be able to support this load? Thanks to everyone who will help me.

With very good hosting, specs. I think it is doable.

2 hours ago, WebSoft said:

Just to give you an idea.
If each product has one image, you will need at least 800GB of storage space, database size approx. 1.2 GB ....
Server min. 16GB RAM ...

I will use a server with 12 core, 128 GB of RAM and 4x4TB SSD in RAID10 (8TB available), I calculate about 3-4 TB for the image space.
Do you know any big Prestashop site that has a few million products?
Online I have only found examples made with CS CART but with that I go over budget because it costs a lot of money and then I don't know it, I prefer to work with prestashop that I have already done many projects and I already know how to solve most of the problems.

I manage an eshop (I can't publish the link) with 2.5 million products and 1400 categories.
Page load approx. 0.8 seconds.

Coincidentally, these are also spare parts. Image click maps <map> are used as pre-categories.

If you know Prestashop well, you certainly know that the biggest slower of Prestashop is when you use a lot of categories, combinations and also if you have a lot of products in the main category and filtering for all categories (indexing).

If you already have the opportunity to test the server, you can easily fill the eshop with several million products without images (very slow).