How to buy a PS module with one off payment and not Business Care

gray

I think as far as I am concerned Prestashop is a dead duck. Not paying yearly fees.

Very bad move.

Typical though of every bit of free of any other software, out growing there initial one man band setup, then having to employ others. More money needed to maintain. It then rolls on for a few years, then offering a free limited version and full paid pro versions. Then possibly a sellout.

As you say see if developer selld direct or see if themeforest has them

On 9/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, gray said:

I think as far as I am concerned Prestashop is a dead duck. Not paying yearly fees.

Very bad move.

Typical though of every bit of free of any other software, out growing there initial one man band setup, then having to employ others. More money needed to maintain. It then rolls on for a few years, then offering a free limited version and full paid pro versions. Then possibly a sellout.

As you say see if developer selld direct or see if themeforest has them

Hi,

I had about 5000 licenses sold until 2017-2018, everything was fine.  The crisis started already in 2018 and this is a drop in sales.  There were small spikes, now there are no orders for a month.  Although the summer is over.  Apparently buyers don't like this model and I warned PrestaShop about it.  Nobody likes subscriptions.  But here's what I'll say, I'm going to make a subscription on my site, it allows you to schedule incoming funds.  Spend money on advertising.  Those who work on a one-off basis will be ruined.  Only option with subscriptions, no other options, otherwise your business will be dead.  This applies not only to software.

The biggest mistake PrestaShop makes is that a subscription shouldn't include the cost of a module.  The percentage from developers should be lower and the subscription should be monthly, starting from 10-20 €, but the problem is also that PrestaShop does not have a mechanism for tracking and blocking licenses, unlike Shopify, PrestaShop cornered itself and chose the most  the unfortunate subscription model you can think of.

Edited by Prestapro LTD (see edit history)