Stripe module upgrade

Littlepants

Is anyone else having problems with the latest stripe module upgrade - version 2.2.6 ? I have been trying for over a week to get it to work. I have prestashop version 1.7.6.8. When I click on the upgrade on my stripe module, the payments to stripe are not 'captured' it appears to the customer that an order has not been made and some customers have made their order several times before gving up. The payments sho in my stripe account as uncaptured and I can capture them and the order then can go through but this is not good as I have lost sales left right and centre because customers have given up when the payment was nt capti=ured straight away and I cant stay online 24/7 to capture payments manually when they appear on the shoping carts.

I have tried uninstalling the module and trying to download it again, but the download fails every time - it either won't upload from my PC and it won't even download to my phone - 'download failed'

I have had to reinstall the older version 2.2.3 which fortunaley I had saved the zip file for, and that at least works but tells me to upd=grade and Im vback to square 1. 

Can anyone help please? I've spent absulutely hours this week tryig to get it to work. I'm not brilliant at IT and can only do anyth g from the back office.