Remarketing with Google Ads

Fabrizio Carloni

Hello to all,
to set up remarketing with Google Ads I need to add the following event snippet code to the order-confirmation.tpl file:

{literal} <script>
  gtag('event', 'page_view', {
    'send_to': 'AW-XXXXXXXXXX',
    'value': 'replace with value',
    'items': [{
      'id': 'replace with value',
      'google_business_vertical': 'retail'
    }]
  });
</script> {/literal}

What I don't understand is what should I put in correspondence with 'value' and 'id' since the tag code says 'replace with value'. On https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7305793?hl=en#zippy=%2Cretail I found this documentation:

immagine.thumb.png.e46c4ec8e769bc8ad895994c6b704f30.png

With prestashop what parameter should I put in correspondence with 'value' and 'id'? I tried searching the forums but unfortunately I didn't find anything interesting. Can any of you please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Fabrizio.

11 minutes ago, ndiaga said:

Hi,

You  can  not  do  this  by  hand  .

You  should  get  the  products  during  order  confirmation   and  send  the  ids.

Only  a  module  can    do  it.

I thought I would do it by hand by putting a variable on 'replace with value' such as eg. {$order.totals} for value or something like that. It is not possible?

Best regards,
Fabrizio Carloni.

1 minute ago, ndiaga said:

Yes,  it  is  possible  but  inside  a  module   that  knows  where exactly  to  the  data.

A  simple  module  can  do  the  job.

If possible I would like to avoid buying a module just for this. I was hoping for a simpler solution also because from the instructions of Google ADS it says to simply add tags see https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2476688?hl=en

Best regards,
Fabrizio.

14 minutes ago, ndiaga said:

Yes,  but  here  you  have  to  adapt  it  and  call it  in the  right  place.

They  just  give  you  general information   but  you  need  adapt  it  to  plateform  you  are  using.

I was hoping it would be easier without the need to create a module. Thanks anyway.

Best regards,
Fabrizio Carloni.