Question about google rankings in other countries

uvip

I have a question about recent google rankings, our ranking is good in one country, however in other countries, not very good, I am wondering how google ranks in different countries? Any reletive information I can refer to? How to make sure that ranking is good for all countries or for most of the countries? I see some sites are good for all countries rankings in google? Anyone have tips about how to improve the overall rankings in all countries?

Thanks

On 8/20/2021 at 1:08 AM, uvip said:

our ranking is good in one country, however in other countries, not very good,

How is your set up, what do you sell? Without taking a look onto your page it is unlikely to find a solution. Per PM if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hreflang is one factor Google ranks with.
For example en-us will hint Google you do business in US, en-gb that you sell in the UK.

Where your shop seems to be like address, country level domain (.de/.fr/etc...), google business account, country information in titles/content/meta (using country as a keyword).

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Nickz said:

sure but why?

Most multilangueg sites have a hard time ranking for once. Shoppers from the UK buy from UK sites mostly. So are other nations.

I have hard time agreeing to this?

I would imagine having additional language, localising you content, meta data etc nebales Google to see that you are relevant in that country.

Lot of peopel who want something in their country serach for example "<product> <country>". If you have pages optimized for that country Google will start giving customers results to your pages in that country more.

30 minutes ago, GoPure Kratom said:

Lot of peopel who want something in their country serach for example "<product> <country>". If you have pages optimized for that country Google will start giving customers results to your pages in that country more.

Once you optimise for your country go ahead and optimise for another on the same domain and see for yourself. Don't try that with client pages though, you most likely will loose your job. Many people (millions) have read the Google suggestions and with that they believe they are the only ones knowing those "secrets". Unfortunately there are only 10 spots.

44 minutes ago, GoPure Kratom said:

I would imagine having additional language, localising you content, meta data etc nebales Google to see that you are relevant in that country.

As long as you have theoretical knowledge, as I said, sure try it. It is sold as "the" thing for shops to over in the local plus some languages to make for international. Its not even userfriendly, most people from other countried will not by from you even if you charge 50% as shipping and customs make up for much more than the rest.

2 minutes ago, Nickz said:

Once you optimise for your country go ahead and optimise for another on the same domain and see for yourself. Don't try that with client pages though, you most likely will loose your job. Many people (millions) have read the Google suggestions and with that they believe they are the only ones knowing those "secrets". Unfortunately there are only 10 spots.

As long as you have theoretical knowledge, as I said, sure try it. It is sold as "the" thing for shops to over in the local plus some languages to make for international. Its not even userfriendly, most people from other countried will not by from you even if you charge 50% as shipping and customs make up for much more than the rest.

I wouldn't loose my job, I would lose my business. 😅

The problematics I find myself going around all the time is how to not loose the DA when doing localising.

So for example if I would sell now at shop.com and wanted to localise for Germany, instead of enabling German as the second language option, would you suggest something like serving the site in German form shop.de? My fera with this approach is I need to work long and hard to get the .de domain rank high as the shop.com does

1 minute ago, GoPure Kratom said:

So for example if I would sell now at shop.com and wanted to localise for Germany, instead of enabling German as the second language option, would you suggest something like serving the site in German form shop.de?

Once you sell under .com you better create an infrastructure to sell on the German side. So when setting up a shop under .de you havea phone number, an office or postal service anything which ties you locally to Germany.