I can't find the .Tpl file for a specific part of the website

Nil

I'm trying to create a modal window, so when you click on a button it opens a small window where you can press on out of 3  buttons, and I can't find this exact button in the FTP files.

How are you supposed to locate these files from specific parts of the website? Is there some kind of way to see the route of the file through the inspect mode?

Edited by Nil (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, Nil said:

I'm trying to create a modal window, so when you click on a button it opens a small window where you can press on out of 3  buttons, and I can't find this exact button in the FTP files.

You need to be more specific:

What are you trying to do in what PS Version of Shop, what module you try to modify?

4 minutes ago, Nickz said:

You need to be more specific:

What are you trying to do in what PS Version of Shop, what module you try to modify?

I don't even know if this is a module or not.
There is this part where you can select what brand you want to filter (If you select "Dodo" then the products with the brand "Dodo" in it will show) the thing is that I have to add a module window or something that when you press ONLY the Gucci brand (For example) you have to select between [gold, silver, bronze]

image.thumb.png.30647b1807d45c497f1ae741d6a4afe9.png

When logging in the admin page shows your shop version. On the loggin screen, logged in uper level left hand corner.

it's the 1.7.7.2 version

I have no idea how tpl files work, I just want to do this, that (if the brandname is "Gucci" then instead of a url to a website it just shows a modal popup)  but .Tpl looks harder it looks like a combination of html and java.image.thumb.png.d914325ecadebe29126862674149117a.png

You need to look under Modules > name of modules or under theme > Theme Name > modules.

Look at my other comments, I've already told you that I found it but I have no idea how tpl files work

7 minutes ago, Nil said:

Look at my other comments, I've already told you that I found it but I have no idea how tpl files work

They work the same like html files. You can edit them with a basic text editor.

Only the variables look "different" for example in

PHP we use $myvariable in smarty you will need to use it like {$myvariable}

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)
  • Like 1