How do I remove the Text "Shipping: Free" in Guest cart in 1.7.7.3?

This create lots of problems lately.

Guests add products to their cart.

The cart shows Shipping: Free

They complete their order and when they have to pay for shipping the complain that we "advertised" free shipping and then do not want to pay the shipping.

How can I remove that line from the cart?

My local courier is selected as our default carrier but still it shows free for all guest carts.

I would rather remove that line till the end or replace the word "Free" with "Not calculated yet"

frees.JPG

Hello @pietpetoors

You can change it by editing the cart-summary-subtotals.tpl ill show you a small snippet below which you have to replace.
In my example you are also able to add free shipping when € XX is in the shopping cart. Of course you can delete this.

File to edit: YOURSTORE/themes/classic/templates/checkout/_partials/cart-summary-subtotals.tpl

Sample code:

{foreach from=$cart.subtotals item="subtotal"}
    {if $subtotal && $subtotal.value|count_characters > 0 && $subtotal.type !== 'tax' && $subtotal.type === 'products'}
      <div class="cart-summary-line cart-summary-subtotals" id="cart-subtotal-{$subtotal.type}">
        <span class="label">{$subtotal.label}</span><span class="value">{$subtotal.value}</span>
      </div>
      <div class="cart-summary-line cart-summary-subtotals" id="cart-subtotal-{$subtotal.type}">
          <span class="label">Total shipping</span>
              {if $subtotal.amount > 50} // FOR EXAMPLE WHEN YOU OFFER FREE SHIPPING FOR AMOUNTS ABOVE €50
                  <span class="value">Free</span>
              {else}
                  <span class="value" style="font-size:.7rem">Not calculated yet</span>
              {/if}
      </div>
    {/if}
  {/foreach}