[SOLVED]Forgot passwork email not working

My customers can't send their email to me when they forgot their password. I go to the email in the admin to send a test email and here is what it says:

Error: Please check your configuration

Connection could not be established with host smtp.syun.vn :stream_socket_client(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Please some one help me with this.

Edited by caffe663 (see edit history)

On 5/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, joseantgv said:

The emails sent from the store to the customers arrive correctly?

Check your configuration at "Advanced Parameters > E-mail".

Thank you for responding 
When i try to configure the e mail and set it up to the smtp sever here is what it keeps saying although i enter the right password:

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 3 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials l21sm13046429pfc.114 - gsmtp ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials l21sm13046429pfc.114 - gsmtp ". Authenticator XOAUTH2 returned Expected response code 250 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials l21sm13046429pfc.114 - gsmtp ".

On 5/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, joseantgv said:

The emails sent from the store to the customers arrive correctly?

Check your configuration at "Advanced Parameters > E-mail".

So i tried to set up again with my gmail and it keep saying
Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:50 (Cannot assign requested address)

. I search on the forum and replace my port 465 with 993 but it keeps saying :
Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:993 Timed Out

• caffe663 changed the title to [SOLVED]Forgot passwork email not working
  • 4 months later...

I tried this on PS v1.7.7.8 and it didn't work unfortunately for me, it still throws 

Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com :stream_socket_client(): Peer certificate CN=`wolf.opencommunitynetwork.com' did not match expected CN=`smtp.gmail.com'

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have similar problem. But in my case e-mail works good but sometimes client doesn't get mail and in logs i have error log(The error occurred 4 times in 3 days😞

Swift Error: Connection could not be established with host mail.gxx.eu :stream_socket_client(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

What could be the reason that from time to time the mail does not work and I get the above error?

Regards.