Are Cronjobs Required

I recently installed the latest Prestashoip 1.7.7.3 It works fine, but are there no cron jobs required?

I cant find the module everyone seems to mention and the github mod doesnt install.

Am I missing something... is a cronjob even required?

Many thanks

Basic function does not require cron jobs. However as you expand from the basic you may need them. For example to send requests for reviews, or to update currency conversions, or automatically import stock quantities, automatically send orders to couriers or automatically change order status.

39 minutes ago, haylau said:

Basic function does not require cron jobs. However as you expand from the basic you may need them. For example to send requests for reviews, or to update currency conversions, or automatically import stock quantities, automatically send orders to couriers or automatically change order status.

Thanks, much appreciated. Is there a mod available somewhere. I tried the one from github but it wont install. 
Thanks again. Much appreiated

I believe there are modules. But I run them straight from our server cPanel. but I wouldn’t worry about it until you have a specific need. 

27 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

The module can be installed succesfully in PS 1.7.7:

image.thumb.png.2e871afc6afb7b92df733da240754673.png

Thanks, but the install fails by importing the zip. So how did you install it? Thanks by the way.

I get the error: 

Oops... Upload failed.

What happened?Try again

Edited by ubgot (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

Download the ZIP from GitHub then rename the folder inside ZIP to "cronjobs".

Thanks joseantgv, I will give that a go later today. Bit busy at present. But thanks. Much appreciated.

• Like 1