Associate Products to Multiple Manufacturers

Thanks ndiaga but I need then to be accessible in the facetied search and Suppliers is not available, only brands...

In the end I have used the Suppliers as suggested and installed the Advanced Seach module (at a cost).

Thanks all

• 3 months later...

People been asking for this feature for about 10 years now... Is there really no add-on that does this? There's a huge number of use cases for this...
Is there an easy way to inject a copy of the "brands" functionality and call it something else?

12 hours ago, Daresh said:

Please share some use cases of a product having multiple manufacturers.

Grouped up products? A phone, a battery pack + a super special something like a branded cable? :) Not to mention that people are using manufacturers/brands for different purposes too (because Prestashop doesnt offer anything better) like "Artists" for example in a shop that offers CDs, Vinyl records, etc. where multiple artists are associated with a single product... These are just 2 off the top

I think all of this can be solved by features / categories, without introducing multi manufacturer feature. Maybe sometimes with a help of some module to display grouped products etc.

Can you provide an example? I am currently using manufacturers as Artists in the above use-case and am limited to a single Artist per "album" (which is the product itself in PS). How would you achieve the following using product features - Artist X feat. Artist Y - Album Z? Categories are reserved for music styles "rock, jazz, etc".

You can have a feature "Artist" with multiple values. Should work for filters, of course it will not give you listings, but you can reconsider using categories for this. Have a separate category tree "By artist".

Suppliers is exactly what i started exploring while rebuilding using 1.7 ... too bad it seems 1.7 is still missing plenty of 1.6 core functionalities