Can't login to backoffice 1.7.7.1

jmm.it

Hi there,

All of a sudden I can't login to the backend of a PS 1.7.7.1. I am given no error, just the login prompt again.
Same for other SuperAdmin on same site.

I can login with a customer account in the FO. No recent updates, site has been running with this configuration for weeks no with no problems. Last orders were placed yesterday, so I suppose the FO is ok.

In the browser console I have a message about a "refused" cookie because "already expired", I've tried to delete cookies and browser/hosting cache but with no success, I am still locked out.
I suppose I have to mess around with the db, but have no idea how.

All help appreciated!!

Sounds like the good old "Prestashop admin login loop". When you google for it you will find many entries. 

I hadn't heard about it for a long time. So I thought it was fixed.

Problem is that there is not one solution. People report all kind of different things that seemed to fix it. Often the problem suddenly disappears without any action from the user.

Some of the things that sometimes work are: use https instead of http, clear cache, remove .htaccess, change localhost to 127.0.0.1 (or vice versa)

In the meantime you can use Prestools to maintain your shop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toyotaboy said:

Backup restored.

Tested site local give this error (see image)

Live site update  last version.

But where the problem theme.module. or what else.

Regards Bert

presta fail.jpg

That has nothing to do with your webshop or Prestashop. You should ask your hosting provider about that. And check whether it is your ip address.

Problem is nof fixed.

Backup restored  continues to work for an hour.

Theme builder says it is in prestashop.

Hosting company says.

There is no virus in your website. Your website redirects to an external page (www.avir.ir) serving malware.
A virus scanner will therefore not find anything on your website, as the website only refers to a virus and does not itself contain a virus / malware.

Specifically, your website will add this code at the very bottom of the page:
script type = "text / javascript" s r c = "https://www.avir.ir/image/favicon.js"

That avir.ir/image/favicon.js contains malware. I cannot see in your website exactly where this code is put in. That is well hidden.

I understand, I just can't find where this malware is being injected. So that's a matter of digging into the PrestaShop installation. You can spend hours with that, and is therefore not something that I can solve for 'just'. As much as I would like to.

How do I get the leak above that everything is working again.

Thanks for thinking along.

Regards Bert