prestashop 1.6 or 1.7 for e-commerce ?

Hello,

I'm going to open a new site from scratch, I was previously on 1.7 (since 2018) and I remember a lot of folks told that 1.6 was more stable and overall better than 1.7.

I haven't followed any infos since and it's 2021, so what is the way to go now ? 1.6 or 1.7 ? I will use the site to sell products.

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

I am on the learning curve myself, but I would say; to save troubles, go with 1.7 - as I have to upgrade a PS 1.6 bec. my host want to upgrade the server php for security reasons and PS 1.6 works only on (max) php 5.6 and is not supported anymore (both PS 1.6 and PHP 5.6 is not supported anymore).

I am on the search of what version of 1.7 is the most stable for the 1.6.1.13 shop with lots, lots of customers and products with specific prices and combinations and what else could be a challenge in the upgrading task...

Find the most stable 1.7, is my 5 cents....

Maybe some one could help us out with what PS 1.7 is the most stable shop? 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:59 PM, ndiaga said:

Of  course  you  have  some  missing features  from  1.6  but  the  community  will bring  back  by  the  time.

Such as? Can I find a list of features not compatible with 1.7?

• I need the whole shop with customer, products; combinations, specific prices, attachments and order/Invoice system to work.