1-click-upgrade FAIL!!

Hello,

I decided to upgrade my 1.6.1.10 version to the latest 1.6.1.24 version. Naturally I decided to use the 1-click-upgrade. I had to do an upgrade to the latest version of the module before proceeding, but guess what happened, the following Fatal Error Message.

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/msmedia/public_html/modules/autoupgrade/upgrade/install-4.9.0.php:
Call to private method Autoupgrade::registerHookAndSetToTop() from context ''

The install was for version 4.11.0 but this error is referring to 4.9.0. I was completely shut out of the Modules and Services, so I had to rename the autoupgrade folder to get back in. I did a search for a fix, but could not find one, which I cannot believe.

I was TERRIFIED to do the 1.6.1.24 upgrade because I know it is very hard to get anyone to help you in this forum if anything goes wrong. And it looks like I was justified in being terrified as I cannot even find a fix for something that has obviously been a problem for a very long time. 

Is there anybody out there that can help with this error message. If not I am stuck on 1.6.1.10 forever.

Thank you.

Kathleen

Had this problem upgrading from 1.6.1.23 to 1.6..1.24.

The workaround ( from somewhere in the forum ) is to delete or rename the offending file. I renamed it just in case it was needed again

On my server this was in

/WebServer/Documents/prestashop/modules/autoupgrade/upgrade

which now looks like

-rw-r--r--  1 _www  _www  1380 20 Jan 14:54 index.php

-rw-r--r--  1 _www  _www  2363 20 Jan 14:54 install-4.10.1.php

-rw-r--r--  1 _www  _www  1238 20 Jan 14:54 install-4.9.0.phpFCS

This let me load and configure 1-Click upgrade from the Prestashop BackOffice.

Which I then ran successfully.

The file you need to delete is install-4.9.0.php which is in 

<your shop>
      modules
              autoupgrade
                     upgrade

you should be able to access it using a file transfer app. Or from the command line if you’re allowed access. 

this will get rid of the error and let you run 1-Click-Upgrade