Multi-discounts?

I don't know whether I'm just missing a trick or whether I'm going to have to set a loaddddd of discounts up to do it, so thought I'd ask here

Currently using v 1.7.7.1 - never used PS before but I'm finding it pretty easy to get my head around.

I have an offer on one of my products, where if you buy any 3 under a given category, you'll receive a discount amount. Now this works fine when only 3 products are added to cart...

My problem is it doesn't seem to be able to handle multiples of this and still provide a discount - eg if the customer has 6, 9 or 12 items in there I still want to provide the same discount per group of 3

Am I just being incredibly dense, or is there a way of doing this/tweaking the code?

Thanks in advance!

Prestashop Core does not support that behavior. If you want to achieve it, you will have to modify the script. But I know for Discounts there are tons of Modules available where one of them undoubtedly will cover what you are looking for. 

3 hours ago, jetway said:

Prestashop Core does not support that behavior. If you want to achieve it, you will have to modify the script. But I know for Discounts there are tons of Modules available where one of them undoubtedly will cover what you are looking for. 

Thank you for the reply - could you point me roughly to where in the file structure I can find the discounts code source? I've seen a few modules that will do it but in all honesty, as much as I appreciate all the work these people are putting in, my business can't afford that at the moment (new start up)

I used to build Joomla modules so comfy with php and MySql so forcing it to do it natively should be enough of a fix for me for now until I can learn how prestashop works properly and create a custom module.