Negative Values

Hey all!

I was wondering if it it possible to display a negative value instead of a 0 when placing order.
I have attributes that effect total value sometime to a negative value.

lets say i have a product thats costs 1000 and an attribute that reduces price with -1001
is there any way possible to get the total to display -1 instead of 0 ?

Realy hope for some help here becouse its a major issue for me.
Tnx

//Jake

"if someone buys 10 items you’ll send them $10?" more or less Yes! =p

I have subscriptions formed as attributes who gives negative values to make it able to get a product for free.
But right now i cant see the differens between subscription and product just if the attribute is enuff to give the product 0 or possitive value.

And btw before i add it to cart it display negative value (with your module AW pro) but as soon i put it cart it turns 0.
So i defently think its doable with the right skills.

That's a bug which I have fixed in AWP and will be released int he next version.

It's one thing having a free product, but PS is not designed for a negative price.

Yes, everything is possible, but I think your approach is wrong if you try to have a product with a negative amount (you can have a negative impact which will make the product free, but not a total negative value)

Hmm ok tnx for the replies.
I guess i have to rethink the way im gona solve it then.

My problem is that i cant get stats or reward customers with zero values.
Is there any way to give reward points based on attribute choises?
Or atleast get deasent stats on what attributes is used by a specific customer during the month?

Solved it deasent by renaming weight to promotion. by using "weight" i can put specific values both at product basis and atribute basis.

With export pro i can export monthly "weight" values to excel and sum it up.

//Jake

• 1 month later...

With attributes you can set a product price to be negative. Prestashop seems to manage this fine. There needs to be a couple of changes made to deal with the payment of a negative value - issuing a voucher for the amount is one solution.

• 9 months later...

Hi Presta-Team,

A product cannot have a negative cost.

We use products with negative price for more than 5 years on every order! This is part of our business-case! Let me tell you why:

We deliver the orders by ourself. That means we have also some Boxes where we carry for example the bottles or cold packs. The customer pays (a lot) for these boxes. And finally he wants to return them! So he places a new order with new products but also with the returning boxes. And the returning boxes are products with negative prices. Same as you buy a bottle in a store with a so called "depot" (I don't know the correct word in english - sorry). Finally, if a customer only wants to return boxes - good. He gets all the money back except a shipping fee ;-)

Some like to promote a RMA-process (Product Returning). But this works only, if you can map the returning to an earlier order. Our customers collect the boxes for some weeks and return them all at once. It is really not practicable for them to look for any previous order. Easiest way is to create a new order.

So, after a few reading about Presta, I would like to change from magento to presta. But I really need a negative product price.

Does anyone have a solution for me? Or any ideas how to "workaround" it?

• 3 years later...