Jump to content

How to Exceed Customer Reassurance Maximum Blocks of 3


Recommended Posts

Hello,

The Customer Reassurance module is great, but I would like to expand the number of blocks with i.e. 5. The module recommend 3 blocks at maximum, but it does not allow to add more than 3 in my case. When I add 1 block then nothing happens. 

I tried to add an extra row in direct in mysql or digged in the code. Couldn't find it to work. 

Should be an easy adjustment?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The results are cached in getWidgetVariables(). Try clearing the Cache.

Alternatively: in the code there is no limit. Perhaps your template limits the amount to 3? Look in <documentroot>/themes/<yourtemplate>/modules/blockreassurance/views/template/hook/blockreassurance.tpl

Rg, Leo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

try enabling the debug mode and then adding the 4th one, as most probably there is an error which is preventing the 4th item to be added.

Or you can reset the module and try adding it after the reset.

Kind regards, Leo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, elburgl69 said:

The results are cached in getWidgetVariables(). Try clearing the Cache.

Alternatively: in the code there is no limit. Perhaps your template limits the amount to 3? Look in <documentroot>/themes/<yourtemplate>/modules/blockreassurance/views/template/hook/blockreassurance.tpl

Rg, Leo

Thanks...but had no succes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Hi,

try enabling the debug mode and then adding the 4th one, as most probably there is an error which is preventing the 4th item to be added.

Or you can reset the module and try adding it after the reset.

Kind regards, Leo

I reset it on a live environment, but now I can't change the default sample blocks :(

Thank god for back-ups. I think it has a bug when updating with the new customer reassurance module.

Edited by Lester2 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

in this case it must be some errors there, probably caused by other module or database structure.

If you are enabling the debug mode, do you have any errors in the module when adding the new item or saving it?

Kind regards, Leo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Hi,

in this case it must be some errors there, probably caused by other module or database structure.

If you are enabling the debug mode, do you have any errors in the module when adding the new item or saving it?

Kind regards, Leo

I will try to debug in the night and will report if there are any errors. 

Thanks for helping out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the customer assurance module is first thing I rip out of prestashop looool  I suppose it depends on your product vertical, then I suppose 'fast/free shipping' might make sense. 

What infos are you trying to convey?  Maybe there other better places to show build assurance.

We have a rule in our agency, if it looks like native PS (BLOCK ASSUANCE) upgrade it....or remove it....

Before using those native 'free features', make sure to see how your competitors provide assurance...and just do that but better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, El Patron said:

the customer assurance module is first thing I rip out of prestashop looool  I suppose it depends on your product vertical, then I suppose 'fast/free shipping' might make sense. 

What infos are you trying to convey?  Maybe there other better places to show build assurance.

We have a rule in our agency, if it looks like native PS (BLOCK ASSUANCE) upgrade it....or remove it....

Before using those native 'free features', make sure to see how your competitors provide assurance...and just do that but better.

  • shipping time
  • free shipping above...
  • return policy
  • pay later
  • rating
  • chat with us

I will look for errors first and maybe remove module entirely and install again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debug mode will not show in the customer reassurance module. 
 

I will try to find a workaround, but it is not a must have more should have.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 02.13.26.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More