Optimize prestashop requests

Hamendra Sunthwal

I have checked the last 500 Internal server error recorded. There was a high load on the server at the same time.

On the same time all server CPU resource was used.

So in order to avoid server being loaded when there are more visitors and admin changes made on the site I am trying to apply optimization on it.

I am not sure how to optimize prestashop admin, as i often see 500 internal server error on admin pages.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

Hi,

the 500 errors are usually caused by the PHP code by modules, or when some server limits are reached , or in some cases by server/apache timeouts. There can be verified in the error logs, to see what was the cause of the 500 errors, or by enabling debug mode then the errors and exceptions will be displayed in the browser and in the requests.

If you can give us a couple of errors from the error logs when the 500 errors are appearing then we could give you some hints on where to check/fix them.

Kind regards, Leo

As leo mentioned, error 500 is a general error, it does not tell you anything about what caused it.

Checking the error log is the best way to find the root of the problem.

You can also check out our tips for speeding / optimizing PrestaShop in general, but it is unlikely to solve your error 500, unless it was due to memory running out.

https://www.presto-changeo.com/content/23-tips-on-how-to-speed-up-your-prestashop-website