1.7.7.0 Fresh install. Freezes when login to back office

Was thinking that it's should be a time now for me to upgrade from 1.4.6 to 1.7.7.0. Don't want to damage while 1.4.6 is still working so installed 1.7.7.0 on the different server.

Installation went smooth. Database connected no problem. Have "your installation is finished" screen with backend login and password. Removed Install folder.

When I'm trying to login to the back office by providing the login credentials and clicking "Log In" button - the picture with the credentials disappears leaving only the bird :) . No errors, no nothing. If I click refresh - I see the credentials screen again. Different browsers - same result. When I'm playing with the front end and trying to create a new customer after submitting an information browser giving me HTTP error 500. I think both those issues are connected somehow.

What am I missing?

Edited by HETPE3B (see edit history)

14 hours ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hi, 
Check PHP version and should be 7.3.

Tried different PHP versions including 7.2 and 7.3. No difference

10 hours ago, ClassyDevs said:

Hello, Please check your memory limit  of the site and also post max site and execution time. Some time memory limit cause this issue.

Hope it will solved your issue

Thank you

Is this the information below?

hostingcpu.JPG

On 1/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, HETPE3B said:

Just an update - when I turned on PHP 7.4 - back office started to work. Will check the rest of the functions now.

7.4 is not officially supported. Your login issue is a known bug due to outdated version of ICU inside some PHP7.3 installations, you could check with your hosting.

Details here https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/22300

But at least it's working with 7.4 without the problems that it had while it was set to 7.3.

I was asking my hosting provider about the ICU - I guess the guy in the support didn't have a clue what's it was, so I gave up on that :)

What's this abbreviation stands for? May be I'll be able to explain it better next time to online support.