New translation strings not showing in BO

I know this subject has been discussed many times, but so far i cannot get the solution. Some of my strings (from theme, or from my module) are not showing up to translate in BO. I have cleared the cache, my child theme is not named "classic", I've reset the modules, refreshed the front office pages and nothing. I have changed the double quotes to single quotes, I've tried many different domains: Shop.Theme.Mycustomtheme, Shop.theme.mycustomtheme, Modules.mymodule.myfile,  or even the old style d="mytranslations".

Some of my translations update and appear, but some don't. It looks like there is some caching bug or something, no matter what I do the translation string doesn't want to appear anywhere in the back office.

<h2>{l s='Related products2' d='Modules.Mbrelatedproducts.Template'}</h2>

<h2>{l s='Related products2' d='Shop.Theme.Mycustomtheme'}</h2>

The .tpl is 100% there, cause above duplicate strings appear in front office, I've put it outside of smarty {if}{/if} condition, but it also didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, Greg1234 said:

I know this subject has been discussed many times, but so far i cannot get the solution. Some of my strings (from theme, or from my module) are not showing up to translate in BO. I have cleared the cache, my child theme is not named "classic", I've reset the modules, refreshed the front office pages and nothing. I have changed the double quotes to single quotes, I've tried many different domains: Shop.Theme.Mycustomtheme, Shop.theme.mycustomtheme, Modules.mymodule.myfile,  or even the old style d="mytranslations".

Some of my translations update and appear, but some don't. It looks like there is some caching bug or something, no matter what I do the translation string doesn't want to appear anywhere in the back office.

<h2>{l s='Related products2' d='Modules.Mbrelatedproducts.Template'}</h2>

<h2>{l s='Related products2' d='Shop.Theme.Mycustomtheme'}</h2>

The .tpl is 100% there, cause above duplicate strings appear in front office, I've put it outside of smarty {if}{/if} condition, but it also didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem?

if you use a child theme the translations related to the parent theme not appearing at all.