Problem with geolocation and taxes

Hello,

I have a Prestashop website which sells in different countries : France, US, UK and Canada. I am installing it on Prestashop 1.7.

I would like my website to geolocate visitors depending on their country, and show prices including VAT or not, depending on the country's tax rule:

- Visitor from France ==> show prices including VAT

- Visitor from the US ==> show prices excluding VAT

I have imported the Localization Packs for each country (FR, UK, US and CA), and checked the option "Change the behavior of the price display for groups".

However, it does not work:

- when I test with a France IP, prices are displayed including VAT

- when I test with a US IP, prices are still displayed including VAT, when they should be displayed excluding VAT. How can I get these prices to change?

In addition to that, I would like geolocalization to determine the currency in which prices are shown. For example: a user in France sees prices in Euros, and a user in the US sees prices in US$. Both currencies are installed on my shop.

Can you help me?

Many thanks !!!

Hi, 

I love this area and let me help best I can.

One should not use the native PS geo location simply because if IP does not resolve it disallows visitor  to shop.   

To solve this years ago I released GEO Targeting Pro, which allows non-resolved IP's to be assigned a default country.  It also supports paid maxmind geo data ( I recommend precision city) which is really cheap.  geo is not about guessing and free maxmind data is not very accurate and is being phased out.

https://prestaheroes.com/products/geo-targeting-pro-by-country-prices-taxes-currency

ALL INTERNATIONAL SELLES SHOULD ALSO HAVE THIS MODULE

which adds the 'deliver to (country)' and is compatible with geo targeting pro, also native but again do not recommend this feature.

https://prestaheroes.com/products/geo-visitor-shipping-assurance

happy geoing

el

1 hour ago, marie_sk said:

Thank you for this. Will this addon slow down my website?

Thanks

Marie

That is fair question, no.  If you choose the precision maxmind paid api access on first visit 'no cookie country wet' it will call max mind with IP for resolution but that is very fast.  The other paid country db would be faster as it's loaded on your file system similar to free maxmind you currently use.  Remember it's not about guessing....and the cost for paid db is very reasonable (low price).