What is the point of Rounding?

puffdade

if you are using whole number with 2 decimal points  IE  £24.99  I don't understand why rounding is required  it has caused me so much hassle  with payment gateways over the last two days its been crazy no matter what setting the sale rounded too £25.00 causing orders through both Worldpay and Viva Wallet to throw an error  which in some cases resulted in customers re ordering only to get the same error and a lorry load of phone calls. and of course double payments,  I have had  3 weeks of Presta Nightmares :(

My Dev has disabled rounding totally  Im now wondering if that will cause its own issues further down the line,  However both payment gateways are working exactly how they should be

Will this cause me issues

En 25/11/2020 a las 3:40 PM, puffdade dijo:

if you are using whole number with 2 decimal points  IE  £24.99  I don't understand why rounding is required  it has caused me so much hassle  with payment gateways over the last two days its been crazy no matter what setting the sale rounded too £25.00 causing orders through both Worldpay and Viva Wallet to throw an error  which in some cases resulted in customers re ordering only to get the same error and a lorry load of phone calls. and of course double payments,  I have had  3 weeks of Presta Nightmares :(

My Dev has disabled rounding totally  Im now wondering if that will cause its own issues further down the line,  However both payment gateways are working exactly how they should be

Will this cause me issues

Rounding is required as long as you apply VAT or apply discounts.

For example, you have this product:

19,23€ -> 20% VAT ->  3,846€ -> 23,076€

If you round total:

23,076€ -> 23,08 x 2 = 46,16€

If you round each unit:

2x 19,23€ -> 20% VAT ->  7,692€ -> 46,152€

46,152€ -> 46,15€

Edited by joseantgv (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

Maybe PrestaShop do have a problem with rounding…

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/9779

the problem is following EU nanny rules, tax must be included....so it does not seem like a tax....what a joke....so no way really to charm endings...

also welcome to EU open source, community tested so the dev's don't have to.....

anyway this is old 1.6 shop, that used to work...so that makes one wonder....

The thing is El Patron when your guys built my shop 1.6 was the go to version, 1.7 wasnt even out and looking at the horror stories on here of upgrades going wrong and things not working im not comfortable investing a lorry load of cash again upgrading and would rather keep this project going as long as possible,  I think if I upgrade again I will move the whole lot to Thirty Bees or another platform entirely my thirty Bees site runs flawlessly.

This all came about because PayPal withdrew from my industry (Saturday just gone)  closing all our accounts without notice  and freezing all monies which they are holding for 180 days  and that includes personal accounts so I had no choice than fire up my old Worldpay Module  the official Prestashop one that worked like a petrol engine with diesel in it,  

I had to employ a Dev to fix the issues  which were rounding issues, the order would fire through to the back office and be 1p out everytime forcing an error, the customer thinks the order never went through and re orders and its just got plain messy. Im sure you will recall we run a very busy online store linked to 3 retail stores via Rockpos 

Apart from a few minors here and there and crappy modules that require the assistance of the developer I was quite happy plodding along making money and minding my own business I still have a lot of sticky tape left to keep this old banger going.

Paul

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, puffdade said:

The thing is El Patron when your guys built my shop 1.6 was the go to version, 1.7 wasnt even out and looking at the horror stories on here of upgrades going wrong and things not working im not comfortable investing a lorry load of cash again upgrading and would rather keep this project going as long as possible,  I think if I upgrade again I will move the whole lot to Thirty Bees or another platform entirely my thirty Bees site runs flawlessly.

This all came about because PayPal withdrew from my industry (Saturday just gone)  closing all our accounts without notice  and freezing all monies which they are holding for 180 days  and that includes personal accounts so I had no choice than fire up my old Worldpay Module  the official Prestashop one that worked like a petrol engine with diesel in it,  

I had to employ a Dev to fix the issues  which were rounding issues, the order would fire through to the back office and be 1p out everytime forcing an error, the customer thinks the order never went through and re orders and its just got plain messy. Im sure you will recall we run a very busy online store linked to 3 retail stores via Rockpos 

Apart from a few minors here and there and crappy modules that require the assistance of the developer I was quite happy plodding along making money and minding my own business I still have a lot of sticky tape left to keep this old banger going.

Paul

Don't worry they still for it up, we just found issue for client in rounding, 1.7.5.  When rounding not per individual product they PayPal did not work.  Required an attribute with qty greater than 1.  Who know how many sales they lost, gosh we are good, I just happened to be testing something else when I clicked PayPal. 

So long story short, there are multiple rounding options, one might even think it works when only qty one of attribute.  Bit PS still has cart issues even in recent releases.

Open-source = community tested 

Paul your problem will be pho level and old module getting hacked.  Back up daily!