Missing images

ocmoriginals

Dear people,

I have a problem and I know you are amazing and know how to fix it.

I am not sure if this is the right forum though

So the problem is that I am missing some product picture (it is a question mark). I updates to 1.7.x and it went a little wrong so i set back a back-up to 1.6.1.5. From that moment all my product photos became question marks. The old photo's are showing just not the new once. Which are not new anymore. 

I know more people had this issue and i looked at several solutions. from SEO to regenerate the photos.

But than i get the error that the file is missing or is empty. 

How can i get this back?

Thank you in advance!

It's odd, because some images are there.

Do you see them in the backoffice when you edit a product, or are they missing there too?

If you see them, try turning off friendly URLs, and see if the issue persists.

If you don't, double check that the images exist

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, Constantino said:

Hi, you can run Store Diagnostics for images available in Store Manager - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/additional-features/prestashop-store-diagnostics/keep-your-prestashop-images-under-control-with-store-diagnostics/. There's a free trial, so you can use it with no fees.

Thank you for your response and sorry for my late one. Had some trubble setting it all up.

I looked at it and have 31 images that are missing. Looking inside the FTP those images paths are not existing anymore. So i do think that when i placed back my backup that I or the hosting placed back the old version with the old photos and do not see the new ones. 

I do find them under the tap of images with no records in database.

Am I able to export those? Or replace them again?

Thank you

Edited by ocmoriginals (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Constantino said:

there are several options: you can delete the broken record or replace the image right in the diagnostics window; if you have lots of images to fix, you can export data to the file that further can be used for replacing images via import

I will use the import and export function. Also because i think i am going to build a brand new website. Start all over and fix all the issues haha.

Thank you a lot for your advice. it saved me!

• 1 month later...

i have same problem with missing photos ,

already tried following:

delete htacess and switch off and on friendly page (with off friendly page photos are there)

regenerate thunbmails (after regenerating get many errors about missing photo files)

delete cache,

update modules...

Please help

Thanks,

Jozef

Hi Jozef,

if your photos are there with friendly URL disabled, then it should be something with the htaccess.

Th errors for the missing image while regenerating means that for those images the originally uploaded image is missing from the server so Prestashop cannot regenerate for those the image types. For these you should re-upload the images from the Backoffice product editing.

After you delete htaccess then press save on the Seo&url's page(this will regenerate htaccess).

If it's still not working please send me the URL of your site so I can check it.

Kind regards, Leo