Discount Code Not Working With Stripe

My Icon Clothing

We have Stripe installed as our payment module but for some reason when customers apply a discount code on our website the amount charged to Stripe does not include the discount code ie a customer places an order for £15.99 with a 15% discount code to make the final charge £13.59, however Stripe then charges the full £15.99. I have spoken with Stripe and they say that the issue is with Prestashop applying the discount code after sending the charge to Stripe. We do not have this issue when people pay via PayPal or when we used to use PayPal Pro for card payments it is only an issue when customers pay via card with Stripe. Any help would be much appreciated whether there is some way for the discount to be applied at the correct stage.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

we've been having the same problem: sometimes the customer pays full amount even though a voucher or discount is applied. This happens on about 5-10% of orders.

In our case we're running PrestaShop 1.7.6.7 and we've tried two distinct Stripe plugins, both the official one (202ecommerce v2.3.1) and a third party one (Stripe Payment Pro 4.1.5).

The issue seems to happen with both native discounts and discounts or vouchers created by plugins, e.g. idnovate Promotions and discounts v2.1.37

Since it happens with different Stripe plugins, I'm starting to think it's a PrestaShop problem...

Has anyone managed to fix this issue or investigate a little more?

• 5 months later...