Change category order

Littlepants

58 minutes ago, Crezzur said:

@l.seferinov I am sorry mate but i don't get your question, what are you trying to do?

I want to change the order of the products in the category. In the photo I show how the categories are arranged. Just move the black cursor. Unfortunately, this is not available for arranging products in categories.

• 11 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 10:41 PM, Crezzur said:

Hello @Littlepants

Not sure if i understand your question correctly but is this wat you searching for? (this option is displayed when hovering a category)

image.jpg.bd3231f8d55e3eece45d6927424261b7.jpg

I have version 1.7.7 and it does not allow me to reorder the categories as per your image.
do i have to enable that thing first?

I am attaching a screen:

category.JPG

6 minutes ago, Crezzur said:

It should work for Prestashop 1.7.7 if you want we can have a look at it, there are no settings in Prestashop that changes this behaviour.

I am guessing a custom module is causing a javascript error which blocks the javascript hover function to work correctly.

how can we do to check?

I add something to confirm what you say: some sub-categories on the desktop side (not all) if selected they return an empty category and instead they have products inside. example this: https://www.thzinformatica.it/41-ricondizionati-computer

Edited by carpfishingonline (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Crezzur said:

Without knowing whats going wrong in your backoffice its hard to tell what the issue is. At this moment the community does not have enough information to help you troubleshout your issue.

I solved the problem of the filter on the categories, in practice the problem depended on the upstream management system that sncronizes quantities and products on prestashop.
Now there is only one problem inherent in moving up and down by drag & drop of the categories.

I wonder if it could depend on the theme used that maybe it was the developer who blocked this feature, is it possible?

7 minutes ago, carpfishingonline said:

I solved the problem of the filter on the categories, in practice the problem depended on the upstream management system that sncronizes quantities and products on prestashop.
Now there is only one problem inherent in moving up and down by drag & drop of the categories.

I wonder if it could depend on the theme used that maybe it was the developer who blocked this feature, is it possible?

The backoffice should not have any issues with the front office. the drag and drop function should be accessable.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, carpfishingonline said:

Hello
if you are in a multistore context, the drag and drop function is only available when choosing one of the store 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, please, help me. I´m going crazy! I have 118 categories, I need to order them by name and I need it in the front alphabetically, but I have two pages to do it (please see att)

I need to take the category "Video Games" to the next page to put it in order, but it is not possible.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

• 5 months later...

I think I found a solution. You have to sort the categories by position. When I sort them by position, I can see small icon when I hover on the left side of the checkbox next to the ID number, clicking that icon I can drag categories to order them. If I sort by any other option icon doesn't show. 

• Like 2