ypeskov

PHP Error at step "System Compatibility" Call to undefined method InstallControllerHttpSystem::trans()

Hi all,

I am trying to install the fresh copy of the Prestashop. But at the step "System compatibility"  I am getting the next Error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method InstallControllerHttpSystem::trans() in /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/theme/views/system.php:35 Stack trace: #0 /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/classes/controllerHttp.php(459): include() #1 /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/controllers/http/system.php(188): InstallControllerHttp->displayTemplate() #2 /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/classes/controllerHttp.php(267): InstallControllerHttpSystem->display() #3 /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/index.php(49): InstallControllerHttp::execute() #4 {main} thrown in /home/projects/projects/prestashop/install-dev/theme/views/system.php on line 35

Env:

Ubuntu 20.04

PHP : 7.4.3

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 20.40.23.png

Help - I'm not really in a position to roll PHP back to an older version??

This is current Debian stable - https://packages.debian.org/stable/php-fpm - php 7.3

But maybe above answer is not correct:  install_dev/install_version.php says:

define('_PS_INSTALL_MINIMUM_PHP_VERSION_', '7.1.3');
define('_PS_INSTALL_MAXIMUM_PHP_VERSION_', '7.5.0');

Edited by Jeff A
more detail (see edit history)

So I think the answer is shown in the error:

Call to undefined method InstallControllerHttpSystem::trans() in 
PrestaShop/install-dev/theme/views/system.php:35 

Everywhere in this file is a call: $this->translator->trans( - but on line 35: $this->trans and when I fix this, installation continues.

Edited by Jeff A (see edit history)

Well, I was able to solve by taking the distro archive and not cloning from Git.  The version from distro worked perfect.

Not sure why.