Shipping address to match billing address module

Dan1

4 months after setting up PS to accept credit cards through authorize.net I was hit with fraud for the firs time. I lost about $1000 to a chargeback. I have no recourse because I shipped the products to an address that was different than the credit card billing address. Most of the products in my shop don't appeal to fraudsters, but I do carry some electronics that I will never again ship to an address that is different than the billing address. I wonder if there is a module that can be applied on a per product basis, that will not allow the customer to check out if the shipping address and billing address are not the same? This will save time canceling orders, refunding payments, and informing the customer about the situation.

I understand you're not in the business of selling modules. But it looks like yours could be easily tweaked to block orders that have mismatched shipping and billing addresses. In this case it would be what I'm looking for and I'd buy it. At this time I don't need the service. It's probably more suitable for higher volume shops than mine.

• 1 month later...

Really I think it would be wonderful if someone could actually ANSWER Dan's question as I too NEED that answer.
Instead it seems like a sales pitch.

I would like to have the billing address and shipping address match or not let the order go through. This is the best method for preventing fraud and is what we want. Is there a way to do this? If so, what is the method?
Thank you,
Tina

• 1 month later...

@ScubaLessonsInc

Hi, the modification to force the shipping address to be equal to the invoicing address is very simple and easy to do.

If you have Prestashop version 1.3.6 (works probably also for other 1.3 versions but I did not test), in the file Prestashop/order.php at line 181 after the lines

$cart->id_address_delivery = intval(Tools::getValue('id_address_delivery'));
$cart->id_address_invoice = Tools::isSubmit('same') ? $cart->id_address_delivery : intval(Tools::getValue('id_address_invoice'));

add the lines

if ($cart->id_address_delivery != $cart->id_address_invoice)
  $errors[] = Tools::displayError('id_address_delivery not equal to id_address_invoice');

If you have Prestashop 1.4.*, in the file Prestashop/controllers/OrderController.php at line 215 after the lines

self::$cart->id_address_delivery = (int)(Tools::getValue('id_address_delivery'));
self::$cart->id_address_invoice = Tools::isSubmit('same') ? self::$cart->id_address_delivery : (int)(Tools::getValue('id_address_invoice'));

add the lines

if (self::$cart->id_address_delivery != self::$cart->id_address_invoice)
  $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('id_address_delivery not equal to id_address_invoice');

And that's it.

Another option would be to remove totally the possibility to have a shipping address that can be different that the invoicing address but that would require a bit more work, contact us if you want to implement that.

Regards,

BTConsulting

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...