Need some assistance here I have a problem

puffdade

Long Story Short  I tried to upgrade my POS  and its all gone very wrong

First off I followed the instructions to the letter  uninstalled the previous version of rock POS  installed the new version  on install I got hit with a load of error messages, My knowledge isnt the best so decided to uninstall the new version and reinstall the old,  i was then faced with a non functioning POS I spent quite a while looking at what could have gone wrong, I noticed the website was dead too 500 error if it loaded and to get the site back online I had to remove the module completly from the modules list.

I have a sneaky feeling Rock Pos who supplied the upgrade may have given me the wrong version possibly for 1.7  as it came off a google drive with no real details in its title  

my question is this 

I have a backup via softaculous and was thinking of using softaculous to restore to that point but its a few days old  so will lose the data of 400 plus sales which i need for accounting returns etc    I m thinking export all the sales  from the orders page  but how do i add them back once i have rolled back to the restore point?

Im quite desperate here i run 3 retail store via multyshop and all rely on the POS system  

IM CURRENTLY USING 1.6.0.14

Any ideas

Paul

Edited by puffdade (see edit history)

I don't know Rock Pos, but usually modules are only present in the modules and override directories. So it shouldn't be hard to remove. Thing might be a bit more complicated if it also makes changes in the database. But most software can handle existing data. Anyway, make a backup of the database before re-installing Rock Pos.

The big question is where the trouble is. It might for example work to restore the old files while keeping the present database. Alternatively you might keep the order related tables from the present database.

Hi Musicmaster

the only backups I have are via Softaculous from Cpanel  i have it set to back up  weekly and i remove the older ones at regular intervals 

Im not sure I can separate the structure from the database via this method although I chose to backup both when i set the backups up I only have a restore function to use, I have managed to get the 480 invoices off what i might lose if i hit the restore button based on cross referencing the dates,  sadly i dont see any function to export them other than  from the orders page in csv  which only gives the basics and not products sold, as I have stock to think about as well.

do you think it would be wise to take a separate backup of the DB  via the back office 

10 hours ago, puffdade said:

File /home/puffdade/public_html/shop/.htaccess_bkon13June already exists and is write protected

Most likely this file has no function. So don't worry.

Cpanel should have an option for Phpmyadmin. You can export your database there. My recommendation would be to export both the whole database once and all the order related tables once.

Just like Cedcommerce I can provide paid services too if you prefer that.