New PS/PAYPAL checkout module issues

pixelicous

Hi,

I have an issue with prestashop checkout module.

1. There is no honor at all for options such as "Approve terms and conditions" in order page, its just not in the template file! No $conditions_to_approve check at all

2. Paypal express checkout does not work at all! 

3. Paypal express checkout doesn't have ANY terms and and conditions shown..

These issues kind of open up the prestashop users/customers to issues with the law in many countries, this set of configuration is very important.

For anyone considering to tell me to email the tech team through prestashop addons site, please don't, i already did, the response i received was a joke (told me to send a question from where i sent the question)

Awful support imo, you have a github repository, why can't we open issues there? It's like we are in the 90s!

Cant even support the module if i want to, who will i communicate with for the pull request in the repository? awful awful awful

Hi

I’m sorry for this issues encountered with PrestaShop Checkout module.

Of course you can do a pull request on GitHub repository if you know do that.

Support team has not send this ticket to level 3 maybe due to an incomplete request or misunderstanding.

In next 2.0.0 version, Terms & Conditions management will be removed from module to reuse native Terms & Conditions intégration and Express Checkout integration is rewritten.

Please contact support team of the module and please indicate to be transferred to level 3 and mention you talk with me on PrestaShop Forums.

Sorry for inconvenience

image.thumb.gif.dcd05d793a1e2e4cdca5fa2da110e437.gif

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Matt75 said:

Hi

I’m sorry for this issues encountered with PrestaShop Checkout module.

Of course you can do a pull request on GitHub repository if you know do that.

Support team has not send this ticket to level 3 maybe due to an incomplete request or misunderstanding.

In next 2.0.0 version, Terms & Conditions management will be removed from module to reuse native Terms & Conditions intégration and Express Checkout integration is rewritten.

Please contact support team of the module and please indicate to be transferred to level 3 and mention you talk with me on PrestaShop Forums.

Sorry for inconvenience

Thank you for your reply. Not sure we are speaking of the same version, 1.5.2 - the prestashop checkout one.. 

The payment choosing on your screengrab seem like the old paypal module, the new one has pill buttons.. the new experience looked better imo, hope you didnt change it back, it's actually one of the better things of this module.

Would be nice if the express checkout problem could be solved and released quick, not working OOB, i turned off all security off my website. still no go.

I guess the following rows, that i see on initPaypalAndCard.js are just not executing on express checkout:

const paymentConfirmationButton = document.querySelector('#payment-confirmation button');

paymentConfirmationButton.removeAttribute('disabled');

Now what's interesting is, viewing the source, i get to see a url, if i browse to it, the order DOES finish successfully, so why is the ORDER button disabled?!?

image.thumb.png.e94e373e0be77673d8597af8b097235d.png

I completely do not understand this module. Some issues are fundamental. If you jump into "#experimental" url to switch on sandbox mode, after one refresh the correct user connected to paypal indeed shows for that environment, but nothing works, you have to log out, and log back in, with that user, everytime you switch an environment, i've tested this multiple times.

Credit card was not approved right off the bat, although my paypal business account shouldn't have any trouble, seems like im opted in.

The module shows a link to paypal, which also is incorrect, so you get no data of the problem.

And the cherry on top of it all, even though it says i can't charge credit cards on the module, i have the option, and i charged my credit card successfully.. i was pretty baffled by this..

I already opened up the module in VSCode and having a go at some things there.. however it's my first ever module experience so i have no clue what the heck i'm doing, yet i've managed to solve some of my issues.

It would be very nice if prestashop's github would be open to post issues there. It is much better especially if somebody is contributing.

Prestashop is open source, it should be across the board. Mailing support engineers through a web page? It's out dated, you can't track it, you can't share the information with everyone else. People might actually start to contribute things that will make the modules more stable.

9 hours ago, pixelicous said:

Thank you for your reply. Not sure we are speaking of the same version, 1.5.2 - the prestashop checkout one.. 

The payment choosing on your screengrab seem like the old paypal module, the new one has pill buttons.. the new experience looked better imo, hope you didnt change it back, it's actually one of the better things of this module.

I talk about next version 2.0.0 will be released in August. Don't worry, button appearance will be customizable like https://www.paypal.com/buttons/smart

Would be nice if the express checkout problem could be solved and released quick, not working OOB, i turned off all security off my website. still no go.

Express Checkout is an optional feature and for now it not works with some themes, so I recommend to disabled it if not working currently. What is your theme ?

I guess the following rows, that i see on initPaypalAndCard.js are just not executing on express checkout:

This file is not used by Express Checkout, this file is only used on order process of PrestaShop 1.7

Express Checkout feature use file initExpressCheckout.js

Now what's interesting is, viewing the source, i get to see a url, if i browse to it, the order DOES finish successfully, so why is the ORDER button disabled?!?

This is the native payment form and native order button confirmation. They are not used by PrestaShop Checkout due to technical limitation. We use PayPal SDK and this works asynchronously (like AJAX) and using different process. We totally rewrite this part in version 2.0.0 to handle more case and make this more robust.

I completely do not understand this module. Some issues are fundamental. If you jump into "#experimental" url to switch on sandbox mode, after one refresh the correct user connected to paypal indeed shows for that environment, but nothing works, you have to log out, and log back in, with that user, everytime you switch an environment, i've tested this multiple times.

Sandbox is not public, and experimental route is hidden due to limitation on PayPal Sandbox. Currently PayPal API in sandbox doesn't not work well, that's why it's hidden. We work together on it to provide a test environnement because it require work on PayPal API side and our API. So please do not use it, you will lose time. When it will be functional, it can be publicly accessible.

Credit card was not approved right off the bat, although my paypal business account shouldn't have any trouble, seems like im opted in.

We display only information comes from PayPal about account status, credit card limitation, payment method allowed thanks to this API https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/partner-referrals/v1/#merchant-integration

If you are not approved yet for Credit Card in the module, information come from PayPal. I thinks it can be a delay of some days before their API is up to date with Business data.

The module shows a link to paypal, which also is incorrect, so you get no data of the problem.

Already fixed in version 2.0.0

And the cherry on top of it all, even though it says i can't charge credit cards on the module, i have the option, and i charged my credit card successfully.. i was pretty baffled by this..

Well in fact there are 2 payment methods for Credit Card :

1. Standard Credit Card integration is only a button Credit Card and display on click a PayPal style form with no limitation if API allowed you to use it. (Like shown in my previous screen record)
  2. Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments integration is a form without mention of PayPal and displayed with your shop design aka hosted-fields. This method require an additional authorization from PayPal and limitation displayed in module configuration concerned this.

I already opened up the module in VSCode and having a go at some things there.. however it's my first ever module experience so i have no clue what the heck i'm doing, yet i've managed to solve some of my issues.

If you're not a developer avoid code changes.

It would be very nice if prestashop's github would be open to post issues there. It is much better especially if somebody is contributing.

Prestashop is open source, it should be across the board. Mailing support engineers through a web page? It's out dated, you can't track it, you can't share the information with everyone else. People might actually start to contribute things that will make the modules more stable.

PrestaShop Checkout repository on GitHub is open to Pull Request, all developers can contribute to this module.

Issues are closed because it's a commercial product with a dedicated support team who is in charge to qualify issue and assign to the right person.

There are 3 levels :

1. first level will review the issue and try to get more information to have a detailed issue before send to level 2.
  2. second level will try to reproduce the issue and write a scenario to reproduce issue. If issue can be resolved it will be returned to level 1 to respond to issuer else send to level 3
  3. third level is developer team who has a limited time because they works on next version, introduce more features, fix bugs etc...

So all you can do on a GitHub Issue can be done with support team if well explained because they will escalade message to right person.

GitHub is a developer platform, not a support platform. Pull Request are open and already used by some external developers to fix bugs and introduce features.

Thank you Matt for this detailed response, appreciated.

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

I thinks it can be a delay of some days before their API is up to date with Business data

Over a week delay, but the API should have gotten it correctly from the get go, don't think it's the module to blame, but paypal

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments integration is a form without mention of PayPal and displayed with your shop design aka hosted-fields

I get the advanced credit integration! I read the code, i saw the hosted-fields, I get those field. The experience is integrated into my shop, Not the only radio button experience that takes you to paypal.

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

This file is not used by Express Checkout, this file is only used on order process of PrestaShop 1.7

Express Checkout feature use file initExpressCheckout.js

I am using 1.7 and I understood which file is triggered for which checkout. What I suggested in my reply is that some functionality that I see in the initPaypalCard file should be translated to the second JS as it seems that part is missing there.. hence why express checkout is not showing and conditions to approve.

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

Sandbox is not public, and experimental route is hidden due to limitation on PayPal Sandbox.

Well it's really annoying the double login and double approval to switch between modes, but it is necessary in order to check things before opening the shop, thus i have not much options there, i'd probably continue using it as is :)

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

GitHub is a developer platform, not a support platform

We will agree to disagree here, comparing how most companies work, even with the tiers as you described.

However I much appreciate your sincere response, it's above you anyhow :)

25 minutes ago, pixelicous said:

hence why express checkout is not showing and conditions to approve.

As said on GitHub this is an issue on your side https://github.com/PrestaShopCorp/ps_checkout/pull/444#issuecomment-663835254

Well it's really annoying the double login and double approval to switch between modes, but it is necessary in order to check things before opening the shop, thus i have not much options there, i'd probably continue using it as is :)

Double login is necessary because sandbox account and production account are different. Looks to PayPal documentation to better understand difference between environments.

We will agree to disagree here, comparing how most companies work, even with the tiers as you described.

PrestaShop do it for the main project (open source) but GitHub is not good to do that efficiently.

Zendesk is a platform dedicated to support with advanced features, that’s why we use it for commercial projects.

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

Double login is necessary because sandbox account and production account are different. Looks to PayPal documentation to better understand difference between environments.

I understand the difference. Of course you will need an account per environment. HOWEVER the official paypal module allows you to jump between environments without the necessity to log in again with that environment account because you switched environments, the configurations switch accordingly and correctly.

1 hour ago, Matt75 said:

As said on GitHub this is an issue on your side https://github.com/PrestaShopCorp/ps_checkout/pull/444#issuecomment-663835254

IMO it isn't especially after I've shown it happens on vanilla installation, might have another problem here. Couldnt find anywhere in the code the look for conditions to apply checks in the express checkout JS functions, but I might be wrong.

That way or the other, I managed to solve the issues on my own.

When using express checkout, there is now a correct radio button that enables/disables the payment.

image.png.7dbbf964e5cff7bd4db4876c5fc601c7.png

When using regular checkout - no need for double terms approval, that is done in the first step.

image.png.cc80370a519089921d0a37fb2d181bbe.png

2 hours ago, pixelicous said:

HOWEVER the official paypal module allows you to jump between environments without the necessity to log in again with that environment account because you switched environments, the configurations switch accordingly and correctly.

Of course yes because they use only PayPal API but as I said before PrestaShop Checkout works differently because we have an API on our side too.

Sandbox mode in PrestaShop Checkout is hidden because restricted to internal developers and QA Team for now. It require extra work with PayPal to works well before be opened publicly.

it happens on vanilla installation

Screenshot I made this morning come from a fresh install, we tested Express Checkout feature with QA Team some weeks ago. I make a fresh install this morning to test it myself without problems.

I managed to solve the issues on my own.

Great, so have a nice weekend 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RhinoRudi said:

Hi,

I am just setting up a Prestashop store. Is this module ready for production? 

I don't have to build it do I? Or is this just for working on the openSource project?

Thank you,

Randy

its supposed to be..

you can get it here too- https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/46347-prestashop-checkout-built-with-paypal.html

• Like 1

• 3 months later...