Slow prestashop front

system_error86

Hello, 

recently I installed the prestashop 1.7.6.7 in a new shared server to test it because in my company we want to upgrade it from presta 1.6 to 1.7. So I took the products, the prices, the categories, the combinations, the manufactures, I uploaded them to the database of 1.7 (of course to do that I checked every table to fix the differences from 1.6 to  1.7). So now I have the latest version of presta with the products etc of my company's site. The problem now is that the new presta is very slow when I choose a category or a brand. The number of products that my company have is 7810 and the enabled products are 1692. Of course each product has two type of combinations Color - Size. The new site right now has nothing of modules that the prestashop installation installs. It is clean installation.

Can anyone tell me please why it is so slow??? Has anyone the idea how to change it? I believe that the combinations do the dirty job but I am not sure.

I upload an image to see the info from server

The site I created is entertogrid.xyz/en/

Thanks a lot.

info_server.PNG

Edited by system_error86 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, system_error86 said:

So I took the products, the prices, the categories, the combinations, the manufactures, I uploaded them to the database of 1.7 (of course to do that I checked every table to fix the differences from 1.6 to  1.7).

Horror, horror! 

Unless you are a top genius you will have made mistakes. And that makes it impossible from a distance to see what goes wrong.

The correct way to do this is to make a copy of your 1.6 shop, assign the default template and to use auto-upgrade to turn that copy into 1.7. 

13 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Horror, horror! 

Unless you are a top genius you will have made mistakes. And that makes it impossible from a distance to see what goes wrong.

The correct way to do this is to make a copy of your 1.6 shop, assign the default template and to use auto-upgrade to turn that copy into 1.7. 

ok thanks for that. I will try it as you telling me.

13 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Horror, horror! 

Yes, You are correct. The best option to upgrade is Auto upgrade otherwise there can be many things which can be missed (Manual upgrade using copy DB tables & then updating the DB structure according to new version is not possible at all).

But the question is about the speed. I don't think speed things is related to the same. 

@system_error86,
Running on the shared server with 8k products will be certainly slow.(You are using the live website on shared server itself? Consider running the website on the server with some decent resources. 

Try enabling the cache as well & If you think its slow,  Try using the caching (FPC module) module. On the addons store, You can find many. 

2 minutes ago, Knowband Plugins said:

Yes, You are correct. The best option to upgrade is Auto upgrade otherwise there can be many things which can be missed (Manual upgrade using copy DB tables & then updating the DB structure according to new version is not possible at all).

But the question is about the speed. I don't think speed things is related to the same. 

@system_error86,
Running on the shared server with 8k products will be certainly slow.(You are using the live website on shared server itself? Consider running the website on the server with some decent resources. 

Try enabling the cache as well & If you think its slow,  Try using the caching (FPC module) module. On the addons store, You can find many. 

I use a shared server for testing persoses because I want to upgrade my companies presta 1.6 to presta 1.7, I do not use it in the server that I have the real site.

16 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

It depends on your definition of "slow" and the exact server settings, but your shop isn't that big and should run reasonably well on this server.

If you still find problems you should enable profiling and look which queries are the slowest.

When I click on brands for example and choose to go to page 4 it does over 1 minute to load the page and it doesn't matter if I have 12 products per page or have 80. Sometimes it loads but nothing change, it stacks in the page I am for ever and if I do refresh then goes to the page i have chosen (limit time execution maybe, i don't know) when I click the page it executes the query but after a while in the db processlist says null the pid which I understand that the query stopped because executed and it depends on the front to handle the results.  Anyway, I am not obviously an expert but I am trying to understand what is going on. When you say to enable profiling you mean the debugging of presta?

Thanks a lot