API Login not possible

Udo Lauer

Hello,

i am new into Prestashop-Business 🙂

i installed Prestashop as a "plugin" at my hoster Ionos (Germany) on a subdomain, activated the webservice and created a Webservice-account with auth-key.

If i call subdomain.domain.com/api and type in the key in the pop-up i don't get a permission. it asks me again and again.

Is there something, i have to set up in the backend? i followed this tutorial https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/webservice/getting-started/

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Edited by Udo Lauer (see edit history)

The questions are

1. Why is this method not mentioned in https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/webservice/getting-started/

2. Why are the under 1. documented methods not working? Has this something to to with the installation?

3. Why is a integration of the shop-systems by a third-party-provider (Shirtee) not working via the API-Key? Has this to do with the missing method accoring to the dev-docs, too?

Update: I think Shirtee has changed their system because of my problems. The API-Connection is now working

The questions 1. and 2. are open to me. Plus:

Can the in my former post described method put into the dev-docs?

Maybe i could do that myself, but i don't want to do that because i'm missing a background knowledge.

Maybe someone can provide me more information.

• 3 months later...

Hallo Udo,

ich habe das selbe Problem und finde in de Foren bis auf deinen Beitrag keinen Loesungsansatz.

Wir haben unseren produktiven PS 1.7 auf eine Subdomain geklont und versuchen nun auf die API zuzugreifen (staging.meinedomain.com/api) ohne Erfolg auch bei Eingabe des korrekten Keys.

Hast du eine Loesung gefunden dass das Problem behebt, der Ansatz von Shirtee nutzt uns nicht.

Beste Gruesse

Chris