Orders and payments Point of sale.

Hi guys, I have a rather strange error, which I'm really confused about.

I have been using a point of sale module for about 3 years now, works perfectly. Recently, on the 24th of June I noticed some strange things happening in the orders section after completing sales. The sales in question, or the method in which I process a sale has not changed, customer collects their goods and I process an order and apply a payment method either card or cash. Great.

However, recently after completing orders it all seems perfectly fine until i check the order in admin, there are somethings 2 payments logged instead of one. The additional payment can either be card or cash, the amounts on each payment seem to be random but always equate to the total transaction. 

Example. Customer has £33.00 worth of items, pays £33.00 via card. I log one card payment of £33.00, all is good. I check the order in admin, and there are 2 payments. 

Card £19.40

Cash £13.60

Sometimes there are even negative amounts, there is also no consistency in the numbers I cant work out a pattern. There are no errors in log.

My question is, what could cause this strange behaviour.

Here is a list of things that I have done leading up to the 24th of June.

• Installed a module to apply free shipping on a specific carrier. (I have tested with this disabled, still same results)
  • Made changes to htacess file for expiring content
  • Made some css changes to front end

File attached to show the issue. In that transaction a single payment was made of £18.75 and allocated to payment type "card"

Any help would be much appreciated

forumps.jpg