Safe? Minor - 1-click upgrade - Advanced parameters warnings

Hi

I'm investigating the option of 1-click upgrade.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
PHP Version 5.6.6
PS 1.6.1.13 
1-click upgrade v4.10.1

the shop 1.6.1.13 has a bug, where price go negative, if product has specific prices at bigger amount sale (though if the product has specific price per combination it works fine) 

I read somewhere that this bug was taken care of in 1.6.1.17+ or something, and thought of upgrading to the latest 1.6 version. (.24)

However - 1-click gives me this info:

The PHP version your server is running on is obsolete and needs to be upgraded. Learn more why or ignore. (but link to Learn more why is broken so I can't see what or if it's ok if I ignore?

PHP's max_execution_time setting has a high value or is disabled entirely (current value: 1000 seconds) - what should it be, then?

START YOUR UPGRADE

[Green v icon] Congratulations, you are already using the latest version available!  Is it talking about PS version? 'cause that is not the latest version?

Your current PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.13

Latest official version for archive channel.: N/A

I am confused about these info's - and if I should continue this procedure - but what are my alternative?

Can anyone guide me to the best way to make this minor update? 

Thank you for your precious time :) It's valuable.

PHP5.6+ is obsolete in the sense it came out of life amost 2 years ago; it doesn't receive any updates and especially no security patches.

Therefore is considered risky and harmfull to be used since it can be subject to malware/hacking.

You will do good to upgrade to the latest Prestashop versions 1.6.1+ which is 1.6.1.24, download it here https://download.prestashop.com/download/releases/prestashop_1.6.1.24.zip

It works with PHP7.0 and PHP7.1, note though that some of your old third party modules may have also obsolete code not working with PHP7.0+ and in such a case you either need the updated module versions or fix the issues yourself although that this might prove difficult since you don't strike me as a developer.

As for the max_execution_time, set it to 120 but, Prestashop works with the 1000 value it is just warning you that such a great value may be harmful for your server allowing scripts to block it.