Customers not getting any emails prestashop 1.7.6.5

waheed

Hi I some help please, i have searched across the forum and couldnt find the answer to my question, i have prestashop 1.7.6.5 installed and everything has gone smoothly, just the final part of the set is the emails which isnt working properly, my customers are not getting any emails from orders they place, they dont get any confirmation when they subscribe to emails etc

Issue:

Customers are not getting any emails of orders etc

What is working:

when i test the email on the backend

Advanced Parameters -- > E-mail --> Test your email configuration

using: Use PHP's mail() function (recommended; works in most cases)

the emails come through as normal.

What else have i tried:

1: I have tried using SMTP settings to send email and then test email i get this error message:

Error: Please check your configuration Connection could not be established with host mydomain.co.uk [ #0]

2: I have have tried testing the email by sending and recieving emails from the gmail and outlook and they emails are coming through fine, so there is no issues with the email address recieveing and sending emails.

3: i have also created a php contact form separtely  and used the email to see if the emails go through fine using the contact form and that is also working fine.

4: I installed mail alerts and i am now getting emails when someone places an order, but my original issue still remains  my customers are not getting any email confirmation what they have placed an order

Im running out of ideas on what why my customers are not getting any emails , any help would be gretaly appreciated

thank you in advance

Edited by waheed (see edit history)

Hi yeah the mail alerts is working find on prestashop, and I as the admin get those emails when customers place the order,  it my customers that are not getting any emails through of the order they have placed  on the site

Edited by waheed (see edit history)

Go to Admin -> Shop parameters -> Order settings -> Statuses

Check or uncheck "Send email to customer".

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

Go to Admin -> Shop parameters -> Order settings -> Statuses

Check or uncheck "Send email to customer".

Thankyou for your reply, iv just check that as well just now and the payment accepted is already down to send email to customer

order statuses.png

Does prestashop use IMAP settings to order status emails? i noticed the message on the top of the screen which say IMAP is not configured, but i am using

Advanced Parameters -->    E-mail --> Use PHP's mail() function (recommended; works in most cases)

I have just sent a test email from the contact Us page that messages are coming through to the customer services on backoffice. thast working fine

IMAP.png

Hello @waheed and others...

I'll bring my own...

I have a similar problem after updating the shop to version 1.7.6.5 (source of 1.7.2.5) Apparently everything went well except the mailings to customers and, in my case, the order confirmations either.

• I think that using the php or smtp function is not relevant, because in my case I had the smtp well configured.
  • I couldn't trust the test email either, since I received it without problems while the others didn't work.
  • I also have only one language, so I ruled out problems with translations...

Finally, the emails to the customers work well, having reconfigured the smtp with the option SSL and IMAP options (validate-cert) to achieve that the emails do not end up in the SPAM folder. My provider talked about rejecting mailings without SSL, (Provider? ummmm, unreliable factor, don't consider this 😄).

Urging in the files of the new installation, I could see that prestashop has changed the system of sending, using twig templates to be able to personalize the mails from the administration panel. And that's what throws me an error with one mail: new_order (Attachment capture). I think there is some bug with the emailalerts module or prestashop 1.7.6.5...

I hope to find the solution to my case (working on it now) and that it can help you or future users to find the solution.

Working on local, php7.2.3, no caché...

Greetings!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (a little help 🙂)

Screenshot_2020-05-14 Invalid product vars (500 Internal Server Error).png

Edited by Sergi (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Sergi said:

Hello @waheed and others...

I'll bring my own...

I have a similar problem after updating the shop to version 1.7.6.5 (source of 1.7.2.5) Apparently everything went well except the mailings to customers and, in my case, the order confirmations either.

• I think that using the php or smtp function is not relevant, because in my case I had the smtp well configured.
  • I couldn't trust the test email either, since I received it without problems while the others didn't work.
  • I also have only one language, so I ruled out problems with translations...

Finally, the emails to the customers work well, having reconfigured the smtp with the option SSL and IMAP options (validate-cert) to achieve that the emails do not end up in the SPAM folder. My provider talked about rejecting mailings without SSL, (Provider? ummmm, unreliable factor, don't consider this 😄).

Urging in the files of the new installation, I could see that prestashop has changed the system of sending, using twig templates to be able to personalize the mails from the administration panel. And that's what throws me an error with one mail: new_order (Attachment capture). I think there is some bug with the emailalerts module or prestashop 1.7.6.5...

I hope to find the solution to my case (working on it now) and that it can help you or future users to find the solution.

Working on local, php7.2.3, no caché...

Greetings!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (a little help 🙂)

Screenshot_2020-05-14 Invalid product vars (500 Internal Server Error).png

Hello Sergi, thank you for your reply, I’ve had to give up in the end with the prestashop and run the shop on x-cart.com, i just couldn’t wait around to see why the emails were not working  had a strict time frame for my client, currently have no issues with my customers getting emails once they place an order on this shopping cart from x-cart, which suggests there must be an issue here somewhere with the version of prestashop, il keep testing and playing with it to figure out in my own time to see why the emails don’t work on the prestashop platform.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I had same problem. I am using PrestaShop 1.7.6.9 (en/fr). My solution was: Go to CONFIGURE->ADVANCED PARAMETERS->E-MAIL and then set: Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY) and fill all smtp parameters. and dont forget Clear cache

• Mail domain name: yourdomain.com 
  • SMTP server: yourdomain.com
  • SMTP username: write your username
  • SMTP password: write your password
  • Encryption:None
  • Port:25

I was using: Use PHP's mail() function (recommended; works in most cases) but in my case Prestashop only was sending emails to admin not to customers.

Hope it is work!

Edited by Zexxon (see edit history)

• 10 months later...