Moving from 1.6 to 1.7

I'm looking to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 but I have found a lot of different options on the forums that are from a long time ago about the best way to go. 

I have minimal products, 6 main products each with 5 variations. I have less than 500 customers and not many custom pages on a .

Can anyone suggest the best way to get up and running with a 1.7 store, the store needs a refresh anyway so I don't mind doing some redesign or using a new theme (currently using default bootstrap). I just want to get all customers and ideally products over to 1.7 either by upgrading or exporting and uploading data.

Thanks.  

Hi,

I offer the following advice:

Build a developmet copy of your shop or in spare domain or subdomain

On your development shop then you can use the native PrestaShop 1 click upgrade, learn more here.

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/#1-click-upgrade-module

To be successful in ecommerce shop manger must have development copies where they can test changes before moving those changes to production.  

In your case and to keep down scope, upgrade your shop to 1.7 and keep default theme, after you go live with new upgrade with default theme install/configure theme on a development copy.  There is learning curve here, we recommend theme from addons by developers leo and apollo themes....

Here is a cheat sheet I posted that still pertains....