Guest checkout only

Kozel

Hi,

I'm trying to configure PS to allow only guest checkout (no user registration). Is it even possible? Right now, I have One Page Checkout, js than automaticcaly click Guest checkou, some unnecesary form field hidden and it looked quite fine, however when I enter cart, I see product, some info user entered, but after about 1 second, I get redirected automatically to Authentication screen (it also changes URL). 

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? CAN YOU EVEN USE GUEST CHECKOUT ONLY with PS? Im really frustrated with this :(

Thx in advance.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, ndiaga said:

Hi,

No, you  can  not   allow only   guest check out .

Guest   check   is   optional  not  like  the default  user  registration  process.

Why  do you  want  to do that?

It is not my idea :)

But the reason is to made is as simple as possible...

6 hours ago, El Patron said:

it would require a little custom code, mainly to hide the optional pwd

we even do this trick, when client has account, but pwd fails, we present option to checkout out as guest (screw the pwd).....this tip for savvy sellers (millions!)  

Great, and where do you place that code? Controller? Template? Both?

All I want is something so increadibly simple that and it is soo hard in Presta :(

3 hours ago, ndiaga said:

You have  to convince  them  to use  password.

I had  the same  question  with  a company  that  wanted  to make   the registration process  as  simple  as  possible.

If  you  don't  use  password  even   a  boot  can  login  with   a client's   email. 

it's not true than anyone with that email could login using our method, i suppose if done incorrectly that might be possible..we are not crazy lol...

as for custom code, you will need to find a developer who can do this work for you....or some young gun to review/post code....it won't be me

2 hours ago, ndiaga said:

Ok,   so  you have   another   method  of  proctection  witch is  not  the password ? 

Can you  share  the idea?   

then I'd have to kill you lol.  we are pirates for our clients.  some are more savvy than others.....I think that change as part of their checkout redesign was 22k USD....:)

• Like 1