[SOLVED] How to get data from inputs of custom tab in product edit page [1.6.1.x]

Hello everybody,

I'm new here, but this forum has helped me a lot the past days.

Now I have my question.

I am making a module and I have added a new tab with hookDisplayAdminProductsExtra to product edit page with a form and buttons.(see image)

The .tpl that shows the form is:  

<div class="form-group">
  <form>
  <label for="fname">First name:</label><br>
  <input type="text" id="fname" name="fname" value="John"><br>
  <label for="lname">Last name:</label><br>
  <input type="text" id="lname" name="lname" value="Doe">
</form>
<div>
    <button class="button btn btn-default" id="cancelConfiguratorProduct" name="cancelConfiguratorProduct" type="submit"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Cancel' mod='configurator'}</button>
    <button class="button btn btn-default pull-right" id="submitConfiguratorProduct" name="submitAddproduct" type="submit"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save' mod='configurator'}</button>
</  div>
</div>

My question is how to get the data from the inputs and store them in variables for later user.(i wiil insert them in database, no problem here.)

I have tried experimenting with hookActionProductUpdate but no luck. It seems that it never fires, but even then I don't know how to get the inputs value.

I don't know if my logic is correct as I'm new to prestashop, so any help would bee much appreciated!

tab.png

HI welcome to the forum

and also welcome do module development. Can be tricky at times.

You should be using hookActionProductUpdate function for sure but think you may need to change buttons code.

Try with 

<div class="panel-footer">
        <a href="{$link->getAdminLink('AdminProducts')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" class="btn btn-default"><i class="process-icon-cancel"></i> {l s='Cancel'}</a>
        <button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>
        <button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}		</button>
    </div>

That should trigger it.

For getting input data you can use Tools::getValue() function

public function hookActionProductUpdate($params)
    {
		$fname = (int)Tools::getValue('fname');
		$lname = (int)Tools::getValue('lname');

// and rest of the code, you can use var_dump($fname); and die(); to check values
	}

Bit older tutorial on topic but might help 

https://belvg.com/blog/how-to-create-a-custom-product-tab-in-prestashop.html

Good luck with development.

• Like 1

Thank you again! One last thing. 

I was using hookActionProductUpdate before too, but it didn't seem to work. I have even tried loging something in a txt file but nothing.

I have it on my install function like this among others ..... !$this->registerHook('actionProductUpdate') || ....

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your answers!

Edited by onelineof.me
typo (see edit history)

yes you should have it in install with registerHook but now i see you had correct submit button, so not sure why it did not triggered.

Do check in positions, and "display hidden hooks" is it module actual hooked correctly.

• razaro changed the title to [SOLVED] How to get data from inputs of custom tab in product edit page [1.6.1.x]