limit length description in the list of categories in back office

In Prestashop 1.7, in the Back Office, when you go to Catalog - Categories and the list of categories is shown, if you have many and the description of each one is very wide, it is very difficult to work because it occupies a lot of screen and is not agile . He tried by all means to limit the characters defined in the description but there is no way. He tried for 4 hours and tried solutions and nothing. It seems that the back office templates are with Twig and inside the / src / folder, but he also didn't find a way .. Anyone around here would know how to do it? Attached image that looks clear what the problem is.

regards

thanks

categorias-grandes.png

Hi, you can go to: src\Core\Grid\Data\Factory\CategoryDataFactory.php

Change line

$records[$key]['description'] = strip_tags(stripslashes($record['description']));

To

$records[$key]['description'] = substr(strip_tags(stripslashes($record['description'])), 0, 20);

20 is characters display

• Like 1

Thanks a lot !

This is useful for version 1.7.6.2 but it is not useful for another website that I have in 1.7.5.2 because in the Factory folder I only get 2 files: DoctrineGridDataFactory.php and GridDataFactoryInterface.php... How do I fix in 1.7.5.2 version?

thanks !