Multi Store SSL

gmp

Hi all,

I have 1.6 installed and operating in multistore mode, and have a multi SSL certificate covering the domains in operation.

I want to add another site onto multistore, so as to add an online store onto an existing site in a sub folder, for example:

Main site is example.com

Add a multistore channel at example.com/shop

However, the main domain, as it has a joomla site installed, already has it's own separate SSL certificate, so

can the multistore channel be added at example.com/shop and add that domain onto my multi SSL certificate, or would it work better adding it on as a subdomain, shop.example.com and adding that one onto my multi SSL cert?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, tomerg3 said:

SSL is installed on the server level, not on the web platform you use.

If you have an SSL installed on example.com, every subfolder will automatically work with SSL.

True but is the URL set to https to pick up the SSL certificate?

Thanks, but that doesn't really cover what I want it to do.

I want to use an existing domain name which has it's own SSL cert, with multistore Prestashop, which has a multi SSL certificate, which doesn't cover the other domain name.

I was hoping both would work with each other, but it doesn't appear that they would.

Has anyone else used Multistore Prestashop to add an extra store to an existing website, which already has it's own SSL certificate?

Again, SSL is installed from the server / Cpanel.

You can only have one SSL installed on each instance of your server / Cpanel.

This has nothing to do with PrestaShop, as it will only be able to use the SSL that is already installed on the server.

OK, so what I'm planning probably won't work, as IIRC Prestashop Multi Store will only work with a Multi SSL and not single SSL for each domain.

If I go the other way, and replace the single SSL on domain2.com and add it to the Multi SSL of domain1.com, will the joomla site already on domain2.com also work with the multi SSL certificate?

Have managed to sort it using a subdomain for the new store,

so the main site is on www.example.com

and the new store is on store.example.com

and it seems to be working ok now!

Thanks for all of your help!