[solved]V 1.7.6.2 combinations issue

thrace

Hi,

I'm new to prestashop. I  have the latest version  1.7.6.2. When adding combinations (color in my case)  and trying to apply "Bulk actions". The system replies with "Unable to update settings."

How can i fix this , thank you in advance!

23 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

Read server error logs. Activate debug mode and read possible other errors you are having.

BTW which php-version and SQL version are you using ?

This is the only issue i have found

Allow the PHP fopen() function on your server.

Will fix this later and will write

1 hour ago, selectshop.at said:

You cannot use Prestashop 1.7.6.2. with php 7.3. See here the requirements:

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Change to php 7.2. Prestashop 1.7.7. will be ready for the use with php 7.3.

Many thanks, will change it later today. Hope it will work properly.

I have allowed the php fopen function...

19 hours ago, thrace said:

Many thanks, will change it later today. Hope it will work properly.

I have allowed the php fopen function...

Hi, I have changed my PHP version to 7.2, memory to 256 and all the necessary data from PHP prestashop info list. The store still shows me that i'm using my old setting from server. I have cleared the cache.The problem with combinations still remains. 

Is there anything other i should do? 

Many thanks for the help, i appreciate it!

8 minutes ago, thrace said:

Hi, I have changed my PHP version to 7.2, memory to 256 and all the necessary data from PHP prestashop info list. The store still shows me that i'm using my old setting from server. I have cleared the cache.The problem with combinations still remains. 

Is there anything other i should do? 

Many thanks for the help, i appreciate it!

Remove content from DEV and PROD folder in: httpdocs/var/cache

Clear cache from browser and then try again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thrace said:

memory to 256

Try to increase memory to 512M. Check also the max_execution and max_input_time. Here you will find server requirements tested for sites in production, which are different from what Prestashop is suggesting (because each shop has other configuration and you need to adapt).

34 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

Try to increase memory to 512M. Check also the max_execution and max_input_time. Here you will find server requirements tested for sites in production, which are different from what Prestashop is suggesting (because each shop has other configuration and you need to adapt).

Hi, unfortunately i can add only the half 256m. Here are my settings:spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by thrace (see edit history)

That's bad, but try with changed max_execution and max_input_time. Perhaps it will work for you. Both are also acting during execution of long scripts by same way as the memory. If value set too low, then script stops and delivers an error, cause it was not executed till the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TCB-Netherlands said:

As Selectshop.at said, max_execution and max_input_time needs to be higher. 

I have change it. No result. I will download prestashop 1.7.6.2 on my localhost and will see if  the same issue appearsspacer.png

I did it. It doesn't work. However I have uploaded the same version on localhost and it works properly, could be the theme that i'm using

1 hour ago, selectshop.at said:

Max_execution time and max_input with 300 max 900 should be enough. You are consuming too much server ressources by setting 3600. Furthermore max_inut_vars should be set to 10000. thousand is not enough to load bigger sites, like modules and translations.

I did it. It doesn't work. However I have uploaded the same version on localhost and it works properly, could be the theme that i'm using

On 1/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, selectshop.at said:

For to check if it is the theme, disable it, disable also all non-native modules and overrides on back office and try only with native things. I think it is rather  a server setting or permissions problem.

It seems it is a server problem. New installation-this problem is fixed, but another appears. I can't add product in basket. What host provider are you using?

• 3 weeks later...