image quality

manjula perera

Image resizing plays a big role in optimizing of web resources. Many of images need lots of time for downloading, so CCDN use optimization mechanisms for make this process faster, that's why the quality become lower, but as I know it's not very noticeable. A half of year ago they announced about simplification of images optimization.
Did you change size of your images before making resizing in CCDN? May you clarify your before and after quality?

i just tested it on a higher resolution photo (original: 4.7MB) and, while the result was slightly downsized and compressed (uploaded image size: 0.97MB), I didn't see any artefacts or noticeable degradations of quality. Also tested it with a smaller resolution image and didn't see any difference, either.

Some users have reported a similar issue in the past, and our best guess is that Imgur is possibly doing some A/B testing on reducing anonymous image upload sizes and it's being too aggressive in some situations.

Until reddit makes its i.redd.it image hosting service available for third-party apps to use, Imgur is all we really have; if it's producing bad uploads for you through RiF, you'll have to upload the image to Imgur or another image host, manually.  Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Edited by andy213 (see edit history)