500 server error

Markus

I keep getting "500 server error" on my prestashop 1.7.5.2

We have made 3 recovery of the site, everytime it works for some days, then error comes again, and no changes are done from recovery to error in backoffice.

Log shows: *ERROR* v1.7.5.2 2019/12/09 - 00:03:15: Cannot select any valid SQL engine. at line 302 in file classes/db/Db.php

When checking PHP version by simple script it shows PHP Version 7.3.12 and that does not work with my Prestashop version.

But host claims that they cannot change PHP version without reinstall Prestashop...

Any idea?

1 hour ago, Markus said:

I keep getting "500 server error" on my prestashop 1.7.5.2

We have made 3 recovery of the site, everytime it works for some days, then error comes again, and no changes are done from recovery to error in backoffice.

Log shows: *ERROR* v1.7.5.2 2019/12/09 - 00:03:15: Cannot select any valid SQL engine. at line 302 in file classes/db/Db.php

When checking PHP version by simple script it shows PHP Version 7.3.12 and that does not work with my Prestashop version.

But host claims that they cannot change PHP version without reinstall Prestashop...

Any idea?

You can change PHP version, just go into your cpanel and change it to 7.2. There is no need to reinstall prestashop! What i would recommend is to upgrade to the latest version witch still uses PHP 7.2, or do a fresh install of the latest version (better)... anyway new PS 1.7.7 should be released next year witch users PHP 7.3 :)

Best Regards

Now it works again, thank you for your help.

When I change PHP version in cPanel nothing happens, but the support finally changed it to 7.03 and everything started to work again.

Will make an upgrade with one-click installer, but if I do a fresh install, does not all my changes disappear then?

16 minutes ago, Markus said:

When I change PHP version in cPanel nothing happens, but the support finally changed it to 7.03 and everything started to work again.

The recommended version of PHP for your version of Prestashop is PHP 7.2, it might work with 7.03 as you state but the recommended is 7.2, you can face other kind of problems using that version, but if you don´t see any problems you can continue using it… -> https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

18 minutes ago, Markus said:

Will make an upgrade with one-click installer, but if I do a fresh install, does not all my changes disappear then?

Yes, your changes will have to be re-done, you must plan the upgrade carefully, it´s advised to install it apart from the main shop (ex: subdomain) and work on it till you are ready to transfer the database...

Rmember ALLWAYS BACKUP FIRST...

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I am new in this Forums, I am trying to install a Prestashop Web site Locally, but have the same problem,   I just reading this Forum,

I would like to try to install tha last version of PHP, to try to fix the problem,

But I dont know in part I can locate the Cpanel, please help ¡

Thanks

On 12/25/2019 at 12:00 PM, claudina said:

Hello guys, I am new in this Forums, I am trying to install a Prestashop Web site Locally, but have the same problem,   I just reading this Forum,

I would like to try to install tha last version of PHP, to try to fix the problem,

But I dont know in part I can locate the Cpanel, please help ¡

Thanks

If you are running it locally, you are likely using something like WAMP, which doesn't have cpanel, and will only have the specific PHP / MYSQL versions that come with it.
You should find a different program to run PrestaShop locally, which has the PHP version you need.

19 hours ago, tomerg3 said:

If you are running it locally, you are likely using something like WAMP, which doesn't have cpanel, and will only have the specific PHP / MYSQL versions that come with it.
You should find a different program to run PrestaShop locally, which has the PHP version you need.

Hello Tomerg3, Thanks for you answer.  I have installed Xampp locally .    I just reading to many topics about this, but looks the problem could be for the Version of Prestashop 1.7

I cannot install Wampp ,    Claudina

Hello Tomerg3, I have installed the latest version of Xampp, and it gives me the same 500 error,when I am installing Prestshop 1.7.  and I thought that with an old version of Xampp it would work, but none works

Thanks , any other idea?  Bye for now

Claudina