Web dead after trying to update, back up not working

Legari

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to update Prestashop from 1.6 to 1.7.6.2, after several error 500 and talks with my hosting provider, at last the process appeared to be complete but sadly, after tying to load the backoffice, a myriad of errors welcomed to the new wasteland my website turn'd to. So, after that deeply regreting ever trying to update, I uploaded the backup yet to my surprise, a new error appeared:

Warning: require_once(/var/www/vhost/fixandprint.com/home/html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhost/fixandprint.com/home/html/config/smarty.config.inc.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhost/fixandprint.com/home/html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php70/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php70/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/vhost/fixandprint.com/home/html/config/smarty.config.inc.php on line 29

I've been using my store for 2 years with no real problems, so I'm a real newb with this stuff, anyone could point me out if there is something else I can do to get back my web?

I'm not really sure of what went wrong, but Christmas is around the corner and apparently I'm in deep sh*t

On the other hand, if all is lost, is there any way I can install a fresh Prestashop and theme and copy back the products? Had hundreds of them, with sizes, colors, extras, etc... beside some configuration for the customized phone cases module : (

Thanks in advance!

In my experience, you just have to wait for a little while as the error isn't on your end. It's a general server issue, and you could try clearing the cache, deleting the cookies, refreshing the page (press F5 repeatedly), contact the website directly, or simply wait as I said before because it will be fixed eventually.