Hello!

Recently I have started to rebuild my webshop in de new Prestashop version 1.7.6.1 on a staging environment. I did a fresh install, to prevent me from having migrate problems. By now everything seems to work perfectly, except for the related items. As in PS 1.6.1.23 I can add related items to a product. The related items do show in de backoffice, but they do not show in the frontoffice on the productpage. Does someone know what I did wrong? Am I forgetting something here? I will be very grateful for all tips and solutions that could solve this problem.

Edited by Troelala
Problem solved (see edit history)

When you are in the development stage of your shop, most of the times there is a need to clear the store and browser cache to see the results of your changes, have you done that?

You need to set the new groups in your categories...

categories.thumb.JPG.700ddb838ff8f8ac9bce6c172bd0d258.JPG

Also, have you checked all the boxes on the new group??

groups.thumb.JPG.e50ec31cfa5d4ec8e4151f8bf08c463e.JPG

I just noticed that i have a recent demo store where i don´t have the default groups selection in "Groups" (it might be installed by a module), maybe you should´t change the default groups!

groupdefaults.thumb.JPG.4d40c1d87305d028e8854bb5747fa280.JPG 

Best Regards

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello PCQUATRO, thanks for your input. In my categories all three standard groups are selected. Not the ones I made. I did a test by selecting all customer groups in the categories and this seems to work!! I will have to do some more testing. Silly that I didn't think about it myself. In PS 1.6 and older versions it was enough to select only the groups visitor, guest and customer in the categories, as long as in the customer details group 'customer' is selected (and then my own customer group set as default in customer details. I think this has changed. So I will try this and see if it really works. I will get back on it before closing this item. Anyway, thanks very much again!

Hello PCQUATRO, it works! Many thanks again! In older versions it was not necessary to select all customer groups in categories as long as the standard group 'customers' was selected in both categories as well as in customer details. Apparently now it is. 

How do I close the topic?

28 minutes ago, Troelala said:

Hello PCQUATRO, it works! Many thanks again! In older versions it was not necessary to select all customer groups in categories as long as the standard group 'customers' was selected in both categories as well as in customer details. Apparently now it is. 

How do I close the topic?

You are welcome.

Mark it as solved...

To mark a topic as [solved] :

- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,

- Click on the "Use full editor" button,

- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

Best Regards

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2019 at 6:54 AM, PCQUATRO said:

When you are in the development stage of your shop, most of the times there is a need to clear the store and browser cache to see the results of your changes, have you done that?

You need to set the new groups in your categories...

categories.thumb.JPG.700ddb838ff8f8ac9bce6c172bd0d258.JPG

Also, have you checked all the boxes on the new group??

groups.thumb.JPG.e50ec31cfa5d4ec8e4151f8bf08c463e.JPG

I just noticed that i have a recent demo store where i don´t have the default groups selection in "Groups" (it might be installed by a module), maybe you should´t change the default groups!

groupdefaults.thumb.JPG.4d40c1d87305d028e8854bb5747fa280.JPG 

Best Regards

Very Knowledgeable information.. thanks sir!