Contact Form 1.7.5.2 wont work

Sascha

Hi everybody,

I really hope that someone can help me. My contact page just wont send any messages. Every time you hit the send button, an error comes up that an error occurred. I searched the forum but did not find the right answer. I tried to adjust contactform.tpl but my skills regarding that are rather limited. Someone got a similar issue or know the trick?

Looking forward for any help!

Thanks!

Sascha

You have to be more specific, what error does it give? what´s your store webpage? what steps have you taken to solve the problem? did you put the store in debug mode to see a more detailed error? put some images with the error... vague questions lead to vague answers!

Best Regards

5 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

You have to be more specific, what error does it give? what´s your store webpage? what steps have you taken to solve the problem? did you put the store in debug mode to see a more detailed error? put some images with the error... vague questions lead to vague answers!

Best Regards

you are absolutely right. 

I have attached a picture. The error comes after clicking on the skicka-button (submit). 

Taken steps (as recommended by after threads):

- changed the contactform.tpl and contactcontroller.php to older versions from backups

- tried to adjust contactform.tpl with 

<input type="text" name="url" value="" class="hidden" />

<input type="hidden" name="contactKey" value="{$contactKey}" />

I use a custom theme. However, the contact form worked before just fine. 

I hope that information is more of help!

Thank you!

Sascha

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 06.10.08.png

Thats a module error, not a code error, o don´t know what it says, but it could be related to the way you configured the email send feature on the backoffice...

email.thumb.JPG.67b699ef8eb9bf74ecd71dd04ead4f52.JPG

Try to go into advanced settings -> emails and use SMTP instead of PHP. You can also do a test from there to see if you are able to send emails at all...

Best Regards

Hi,

thank you. However, that was not it. ☹️ I also wonder how the send function of emails is related to the contactform-module? 🤔

The error reads: An error occurred while sending the message. Please try again.

Best regards,

Sascha

9 hours ago, Sascha said:

I use a custom theme. However, the contact form worked before just fine. 

As I can see you are using own theme. If the contact form was already working with default theme, then the chance that your theme has a scripting error is high. In this case you should contact the theme developer.

5 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

As I can see you are using own theme. If the contact form was already working with default theme, then the chance that your theme has a scripting error is high. In this case you should contact the theme developer.

I meant it was working fine even with the custom theme...but not anymore

15 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

First you can try reset it, than if it does not work, uninstall it removing files, and install it again trough modules catalog...

Best Regards

Did that as well without any improvement. The error still comes up...

5 hours ago, Sascha said:

Did that as well without any improvement. The error still comes up...

Try setting up IMAP settings...

imap.thumb.JPG.7d5eb67059c01277d5346a863acad264.JPG

Also try to disable all extra modules and overrides in advanced settings -> performance...

debug.thumb.JPG.5a5564bb3e2265af7424e123dd9a63c1.JPG

Or you could try switching back to classic theme...

But remember ALLWAYS BACKUP FIRST.

Best regards