Feedback on the new addons market

Sami

Dear PrestaShop addons team

I want to give my feedback about the new look of the product pages on addons market. I find them really bad. The first thing you see when you open an product page is one title and "video". For example on themes there is not even an theme screenshot (unless the user manage to see the small arrow in the gallery and realize there are screenshots behind the videos). Not only that, but the images are way too small. Also tabs and store demo links are terrible in my opinion.

I don't know how others feel about this change, but i liked the old design much much better, the new one is confusing, visually unappealing and with strange structure to me. I hope others share their opinions and lets make addons better :)

87071770_Annotation2019-11-14062738.thumb.jpg.31f979c8466b704117f05a145d8c8de8.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

but the images are way too small

Have you seen that you can click on an image to open an image viewer?

Yes of course. But i think you missed my point. Just think from customer stand point. I'm looking for a new theme, so i will probably browse and check 30-60 themes. Now when i open the theme page, i have to do way more actions then before.

1. Have to know that there are images behind the video and click the arrow to see the theme cover image.

2. The images by default are too small to see as they are (they are smaller then the theme listing images) so i have to click the button to open gallery in order to see them larger.

3. Then i have to click X button to close the zoom so i can close this tab and check the next tab with the next product or go to the demo.

Previously i could simple open the product page, see the large image if I'm interested without any action required and click once to the next image, and move on or check the demo if I'm interested. Simple and easy.

While those extra steps may seems not as much for one product, when you repeat it 40-60 times, its getting annoying pretty fast. Further more, when you open the page first, the gallery is not even fully visible, its 60% visible as it is way down, So you have even scroll down to see the entire picture of the gallery. And as far as i know, the more actions you require from visitors, its more and more probable they gonna leave.

The whole design is extremely confusing. Do you know that there are 7 types of buttons on a single product page? And all those buttons looks differently, so tell me in which design philosophy you have 7 types of buttons and they are all different in style, color and font size and spread all over the place without any logic?

Style 1: Tabs buttons

Style 2: Add to cart & Frequently bought together buttons

Style 3: Zen Option tabs

Style 4: Demo URL button

Style 5: Arrow buttons

Style 6: Text underline button for image gallery

Style 7: Contact developer button

There is simply no logic and no design thought in this. Not only that, but it appears that the short description under the product title repeats itself in the "overview", so we have the same content twice, while we have tiny images. I really don't understand it.

437188108_Annotation2019-11-14131357.thumb.jpg.da814465262176fee487b9272139d9f5.jpg

Thanks for pinging me. I will share the link to this discussion with the Addons team.

Please keep in mind that before applying this update widely, it has been A/B tested. It would not have been deployed to everybody if the feedback was bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttoine said:

Thanks for pinging me. I will share the link to this discussion with the Addons team.

Please keep in mind that before applying this update widely, it has been A/B tested. It would not have been deployed to everybody if the feedback was bad.

Hello and thanks :)

Its nice that has been A/B tested, but somehow those test missed so obvious thing like the first and second paragraphs of the description are duplicated content, and if test can miss that, i would not trust it for the rest :)