how to edit theme/blocks to be more colourful. Please help

Hey guys, i really need some help.

I personally love the original prestashop theme, but i would like to make it more colourful.

A perfect example of what i mean is like this site http://www.kids-delight.com/en/

so to start with say, how would i make the cart block similar to this sites? the colour is like a gradient (if thats they right word :) meaning the colour goes from like a light blue to dark.

Also it has a clip art pictures of a shopping basket to the left, then some text then to the right of that an expander.

It also has some nice bubble art for the cart & checkout button. I have a great program on the mac called art text 2, which has some nice designs like this.

Im sure if someone can help me edit this then all the others will be pretty much the same

Thanks

• 1 month later...

You can customize the appearance by modifying the followings:
Basic modifications:
1) ..\prestashop\themes\yourtheme\img\ - modify images the way you want.
2) ..\prestashop\themes\yourtheme\css\ - modify css files. Mainly the global.css

If you are familiar with PHP, smarty, JS, you can also modify the followings:
3) ..\prestashop\themes\yourtheme\ - modify tpl files. *Don't forget to enable "force compile" in BO >Preferences>Performance
4) '..\prestashop\modules\' or '..\prestashop\themes\yourtheme\modules\' - modify the entire modules
5) Modify js files in modules folders, theme folders if you need

If you tell us what exactly you want to modify, someone probably can show you what parts of code need to be changed.