Module discount?

Rooberth

1) The discount code does not appear on the site, unless you are not enabling it -> Highlight = NO. Only the vouchers field, for to add a possible coupon is visible in this case. Check-out the settings in the coupons on the tab I named before (screen attached).

If you enable highlight to YES, then the coupon will be visible written in cart/check-out. After making changes on settings, delete the smarty cache and also your browser cache.

2) If you are testing by yourself and are  seeing the form field filled out, so you are seeing a cached thing. Delete the cache and cookie sessions of your browser and field would be empty.

grafik.png.51b98c66da90fa899d1c354dbf586616.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue. I see the promo code field when I choose highlight,. When I click NO to highlight then the field disappears. When I disable highlight discount code, the field itself disappears.

Also is there a way to allow for discounts on existing SALE items?

@Jon Engalla the behavior you described is the default one and normal, not an isse. The only way for to give additional discount on already discounted items, is via coupons, so don't disable the highlight. Other possibility, is to add a new special price to the products, giving additional discount on them. Check out the price settings on the product and use special price by time for ex.

Another possibility is to use a flash module for highlight them by time. See possible modules on addons site: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=flash sale

3 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

@Jon Engalla the behavior you described is the default one and normal, not an isse. The only way for to give additional discount on already discounted items, is via coupons, so don't disable the highlight. Other possibility, is to add a new special price to the products, giving additional discount on them. Check out the price settings on the product and use special price by time for ex.

Another possibility is to use a flash module for highlight them by time. See possible modules on addons site: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=flash sale

Thank you for the response. I guess I wasn't being clear and combined two questions when I should have resolved the first issue.

I have successfully created vouchers. The problem I am encountering is unless I highlight the voucher, I do not see a promo code field in the cart. If highlighted the voucher code is displayed and the promo code field appears. Once disabling the Highlight feature the promo code field disappears in the cart. 

What am I doing wrong?

You will not see any promo code in the cart. You need to add it by yourself the code. On older Prestashop versions there was the promo code written IF you have only ONE promo cupon. If you have more than one cupons, then it never showed up the code. So you need to add the code somewhere, for that your customers can see the code from your site.

Let me show you the screen when I have disabled HIGHLIGHT

image.thumb.png.1aae932dd8b819d478c1057e02cffd58.png

Here's my cart:

image.thumb.png.79d4c21e16b17600d3a63acbcf0ae408.png

If I enable the HIGHLIGHT:

image.thumb.png.8fd6d59466c749c4acb080d5b1b5bb7c.png

The promo code field appears:

image.thumb.png.eb199fc4c8adad820395c668a1af1a93.png

What I would like to see is the Promo Code FIELD appearing without enabling "highlight" feature.

The promo code is for an influencer who will offer the code to their followers to be able to enter the site. It's one of the ways we are tracking sales from this influencer. Hope this helps clear things up

Edited by Jon Engalla
text error (see edit history)

Le 27/12/2019 à 2:45 PM, Jon Engalla a dit :

I just want to see the PROMO CODE FIELD without displaying the actual voucher code to the public.

You must modify the file /themes/your_theme/templates/checkout/_partials/cart-voucher.tpl in your template to remove the following test :

{if $cart.vouchers.allowed}

[...]

{/if}

• 8 months later...